Page 1 of 2
My dads friend is selling a Diezel amp for 400.00. He said it needs new tubes or something. He said its a pretty good amp. I can also get this killer MG at Sam Ash for 350.00. I sound just like Zak Wild with this. Are Diezels any good. I never heard of them. Also, I think i need speakers with it. Its just a head he told me.
Meh thinks the MG is a good deal because it has speakers.
Diezels are a boutique swiss amp company which makes amps that sell for around $4000 and are a gazillion times better than any Marshall MG (or maybe even any Marshall in general)
Quote by seljer
Diezels are a boutique swiss amp company which makes amps that sell for around $4000 and are a gazillion times better than any Marshall MG (or maybe even any Marshall in general)

+1
Is this a joke?

Marshall MGs (a beginners amp)

Vs

A DIEZEL ALL TUBE BOUTIQUE AMP THAT COSTS ABOUT TEN TIMES MORE YOU CAN HAVE IT...

it must be a joke....
Why are they so good, I never heard them before? The MG rocks in Sam Ash. Super loud.
A Diezel for $4000? Unless it's hopelessly broken (as in the chassis is smashed to bits), then I smell bullshìt.

And comparing a Diezel to an MG is like comparing a Ferarri to a roiller skate.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yea, me thinks you are an idiot for wanting an MG (like how i used is incorrect grammar?)

the diezel is a steal at 400 dollars. i kno they have a bazallion tubes (more like 6 or 8 depending on what head) and cost around 200 to get it fixed
if you get it all working, you can sell it for a few grand and make a huuuge profit.
thats probably what i would do

EDIT:
http://www.wildwestguitars.com/diezel.htm
thats a link to a place where you can buy diezels.
If a deizel is going for so little it leads you to wonder what else is missing besides the tubes -_-
Last edited by ClayJohnson at Jul 13, 2006,
no way he's got a Diezel he's selling for that cheap, even a non working Diezel head would be more than that. Either you got the name wrong, or he's a complete moron and doesn't know what he has. Are you sure he said it was a Diezel? I've owned the MG100DFX, and from experience, stay away from the MG series if you can avoid it. There are better amps for the money.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah, if it's super loud it must be great!!!!

Man your making a fool of yourself, most amps out there are "super loud" and most of them sound better than the MG.

This is like comparing a Vespa to a Tank and asking what's more useful to invade Irak... and you're going for the Vespa.
He got another he really likes and is selling too. Salando or something. I cant afford it. its 600.00 bucks and need speakers too
soldano? ANOTHER KICK ASS BRAND! Is your dads freind a drunk or stoner?

Dezel=4000$ new

Soldano=1500$ new.

Just own your dads freind

pleasee just buy them
i think the guy is a dumbass who you are buying these off of.
if the diezel needs tubes, easy 3 grand for it (if its in nice condition and works, except for tubes)

whats this guys number? i might buy these things if hes telling the truth
Soldano, it's awesome, I had the occasion to try one the other day, I don't remember wich one thoug, it was a head through a Marshall cab....

what a wonderful day... 15 minutes of heaven.

But yeah get the Diezel anyway, or tell me where I can find it that cheap!
hmm, another amp you could probably get close to $2500-3000USD for. If he's for real, definitely grab one, that's an investment as much as it is a new amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^hey erock, you need to change your location. you freaking moved!

but buy them, tell your dad you can double your money.
i think he does drugs or something. he told meh that if i paid him today i can have it cheap. he has long hair. i just started playing guitar a month ago and i love it.
Can no-one else tell that this guy's joking?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P

Regardless, if it's true that guy can buy it, fix it, then sell it and become richer than the Queen of Siam.

Or just use it, whatever.
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by R_H_C_P

there are stupid people out there

i found a guy with a 1967 (i believe 67, i havnt seen him in ages) gibson les paul. he bought it new. thing is worth about 10 grand.

i almost got it for 500 bucks and a remote. but the guy never called back.

no joke. i wish i was lying, (if i was, i would have a much cooler story)
^Why didn't you call him again?
Don't be afraid to care"

I tihnk he might be joking, if not buy, now
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by R_H_C_P

See my earlier comment...

Quote by Crunchmeister
I smell bullshìt.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
whats a tube a why would i need one? can i play it without the tube? would it sound better with a new tube?
^Regular light bulbs sound a lot better.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by demea
whats a tube a why would i need one? can i play it without the tube? would it sound better with a new tube?

What the hell..

You were the guy selling a Marshall half stack and a Carvin Legacy half stack, and you never sent me pic of the cab.

Wow, i think this guy is a serious douche bag or something.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Why didn't you call him again?

i did, i called every day for a week, ashole never responded
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Regular light bulbs sound a lot better.

Haha. C'mon, we needed a fun thread to get all fired up about.
Could stand reading another "what amp is best for metal" thread.

To Fluffy, I believe your handle is, yes I did send you pics, but your crappy email service bounced the message back to me as undeliverable and I sold it locally.
Get a real email service that can handle more than a Mb of attatchments.
yeah, thanks for the heads up chunky, changed it.

I didn't catch it was a joke, I guess that should have been obvious. I've never gotten any kind of deals like that. The best deal I've gotten was my Mark IV for $800. I have a friend who's father gave him his 1958 LP custom for his 16th birthday though, what a beautiful guitar. I had no idea what it was worth until I started playing guitar too.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by demea

Haha, I've seen a few of your posts before (figured you're not stupid) and remembered your name, so I clocked on pretty easily, but I'm sure you got a lot of people
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by demea

To Fluffy, I believe your handle is, yes I did send you pics, but your crappy email service bounced the message back to me as undeliverable and I sold it locally.
Get a real email service that can handle more than a Mb of attatchments.

You should have pmed me if it didnt work, ive pmed you since you last said you would send them.

I dont have a limit on attachment size.
Quote by TheFluffy
You should have pmed me if it didnt work, ive pmed you since you last said you would send them.

I dont have a limit on attachment size.

It definetly bounced them back, two emails in fact
Quote by demea
It definetly bounced them back, two emails in fact

Hmm, that sucks, i really wanted that cab.
Diezel is a nice amp, but il take my marshall over it anyday....
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Tarzan_man
I have a willy.

*checks down trousers*

**** ME TO!
Quote by Wayfaerer
I finally got the solo to Leper Affinity down.

Afterwards I kinda felt like masturbating.

Quote by benitheking
Mircrowavable socks!!
Quote by TheFluffy
Hmm, that sucks, i really wanted that cab.

Sorry, dude.
ILL BUY THE AMP FOR 450......IM me
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Page 1 of 2