are carved tops the same as archtops? the thing is a was checking out soloists and i thought that in the future i would like that shape with an archtop, tremelo, and emgs. The thing is that some dinky's are exactly the same, and i'm just researching now. I was also considering going custom with warmoth, because i know they have archtop soloist bodies
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join


Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
A carved top is just that-a carved top on a solidbody guitar. Most Les Pauls are carved top guitars. The Les Paul Standard is an example.

And archtop guitar is semi-hollow or a full hollowbody. Epiphone Dot's and Casinos are two examples of Archtop guitars.

As for Warmoth, yes, you can get the custom parts you need, but they'll be pricy. I was looking on there a while back and it was going to cost me ~$1400 to make a basic Les Paul Junior styled guitar. And that was before hardware and wiring.

Look at the Washburn X50FE. It has the shape you want, a carved top, and EMG's in it. It doesn't have a trem system though. There may be some Schecters that are the shape you want and have a trem, but I'm not sure.

Hope that helps you out.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar