Oy all, I'm looking at getting a Vox Valvetronics tube amp, but I'm not sure how much wattage I need. I plan on playing in a band fairly soon, and I'd like an amp I could use to play over a drummer and such.

Mainly, I'm considering either the 30W or the 50W. Will the 30 be enough? Will the 50?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Vox's are hybrid amps, but good nevertheless.

I'd get the 50watt one just to be safe.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
30 might struggle depending on how loud your co-muscians are. 50 should be enough (and more headroom in a solid state amp is always good)
I would strongly say 50watt.

30 is really on the limit I think and its not so good to always play on full volume all the time
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by seljer
30 might struggle depending on how loud your co-muscians are. 50 should be enough (and more headroom in a solid state amp is always good)

I couldn't have put it better myself. I know a drummer who's impossibly loud and my school's 30 watt amp stuggles when any guitarist using it is jamming with him.
Love is not a victory march.
Depends on your drummer and type of music, but I would get at least the 50W. I've played with a loud metal drummer using 2 different 100W SS amps, and it was very hard to cut through with both. I guess if your drummer has good control with his dynamics, you would be fine, but I had a heck of a time with a drummer that was near my experience level at playing. Like was said, the Valvetronix aren't tube amps, they are considered hybrid, although a little different design than most others. Good amps, but not tube if you are talking volume considerations.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Just get the 50 (or the 100 watt, if power is really a concern for you). It's a better amp. Actually, it comes with a better speaker. It has adjustable wattage anyway (from .1-50 watts). Just get the 50. You'll thank me later.

For the record, I own a AD30VT and it's been a disappointment after I took it home.
Hi, I'm Peter
As statesd, the Vox is a hybrid amp, not tube. But that's really not important.

I would suggest the 50W version. While 30W will be loud enough to be heard, simply being heard isn't enough. 50W will give you extra headroom to allow you to be heard CLEARLY. And that makes all the difference.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Thanks for the input, and I stand corrected on the tube/hybrid issue lol.

Looks like I'll go with the 50W
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
If you can afford to save up a bit more cash, the 100W version would be light years better in terms of clarity at higher volumes. Consider 50W the bare minimum of what you need, and any extra is an improvement...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i would get the highest you can if you can afford it. (incase you start playing with loud people)
i play bass in bands, and i was palying with this one band. loud drummer, mesa truple rect, and a AVT100 in 1960 cab (mesa was 2x12) and i had a hard time hearing me. and i had 1000 watts of bass.
Unless your budget is really tight, get the amp with a wattage/loudness/etc that exceeds by a comfortable margin the loudest you will ever need it to be. It's kind of a peace of mind thing, too, to know that no matter where you go (unless you start playing on some really big venues) that you'll have enough power to stay where you need to be with your band.