ok, I haven't been playing guitar much lately, and im getting back into it. last song i learned was master of puppets by metallica, the whole song, except the second solo, because i found it too hard, and i didnt have the right number of frets on my guitar.

what song can you recommend for me to learn???
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jul 13, 2006,
can anyone please help me??
-Jimi Hendrix
check out some riffs by children of bodom

and btw, my guitar has 21 frets and I get through the whole mop solo? if you mean that last floyd twitter thing just bend the 21st up and bend it all around..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Well, you can bend your highest fret to make the right note.

Maybe try Seek and Destroy-Metallica. I'm two frets short, but I'm determined to nail that solo

Best of luck.
hm ive learned seek and destroy also but not the solo, i may try to learn the solos but any other songs i can try?
-Jimi Hendrix
enter sandman by metallica... one of my favorites to play
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
To get back into it learn a nirvana song i suppose... Then mess about with some penatonic scales in say G minor.. then move it around.. Mess around some scales get your fingers movign and that... Try making some solo's from penatonic licks.. Then maybe try some easy solo's?

Best of luck.
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
btw master of puppets 2nd solo does have frets 23 and 24 in it.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by ixion
To get back into it learn a nirvana song i suppose... Then mess about with some penatonic scales in say G minor.. then move it around.. Mess around some scales get your fingers movign and that... Try making some solo's from penatonic licks.. Then maybe try some easy solo's?

Best of luck.

i learned nirvana when i first started guitar
-Jimi Hendrix
Metallica is always good, theres several songs on the black album that would work. Also, use the edit button to adviod double posting.
Theres nothing wrong with being stuck into a little rut if you cant find the time or are just not feeling it. Some suggestions I would have are to listen to some new music, so you get into playing a little more and find a new song to learn. Or possibly if you have the financial prowness, buy a new peice of equipment(pedal, slide). Also try to think outside the box. Who says you have to learn a song? Try out some blues scales and just practice your chops through improvising. Also id stress not to forget ENJOYING playing, don't play for the sake of playing because you haven't in two weeks. Good luck and keep playing.
If u like metallica, try some iron maiden songs because i find that they have more "electric" parts in their songs that arent all that hard to play and they sound pretty good too
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Most of the above suggestions seem to be very decent ones.
Here's one way to incorporate a few into one resolution:

Buy a multi-effects processor that has a phrase sampling function (like the Korg "AX100G" or a looping machine (like the Boss "RC-20 Loop Station").
At the same time that you're fooling around and jamming with the looper, take your time to learn the scales and connect them across the neck & have a ton of fun improvising over your looped rhythm tracks...
You'd be surprised how much fun you can have with something as simple as a looping station.