Hey guys,

My wah picks up the radio. Sometimes it's really loud and clear. It's one of those cheapo GCB-95 crybabies. Does anybody know how to get rid of this? I know the obvious answer of just getting a good one but I'm starting to get into modding pedals so I figure I could fix it if there's a probable culprit.

Any idea?

-Spoony
I'd presume it was your pickups rather than the actual pedal. Maybe when it's on and in say the more trebelly position the radio is clearer, I've heard this happen before.
Bring back Tabo
ive never heard of a Wah pedal picking up the radio before. do you use a wirless peadal or something.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
It could be that your wires(guitar to amp) are coiled up.
Then again your inductor(which is inside the wah) could be screwed(inductors have coils in them too)
Last edited by Gnod at Jul 13, 2006,
Yeah, I thought it could be the cables or the pickups but those all seem fine. There's no radio when the wah is turned off.

Edit: I hear it's a good idea to replace the inductor anyway. I'll probably start there. tx
Last edited by spoonfulofshred at Jul 13, 2006,
lmao mine done the exact same thing the other day im certain its the pedal cos when i changed the position the signal strength changed and when i turnt it off it stopped
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Quote by spoonfulofshred
Yeah, I thought it could be the cables or the pickups but those all seem fine. There's no radio when the wah is turned off.

Edit: I hear it's a good idea to replace the inductor anyway. I'll probably start there. tx

Get a Fasel
my wah does that too
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
it happens to me alot

But it's not that loud, and I'm pretty sure it's just the extra 40 or so feet of unnecessary cabling I have along my chain from guitar to effects, amp to headphone attenuator to headphone
that happens to me and i have a good guitar so i doubt its the pick ups i noticed it when i had a cheap dodgey ashton wha but it broke so i got a new one and it doesnt pick up the radio