I'm pretty sure they do.. Well put it this way i have seen a few gibsons with serials... Same here man i cant really see anything wrong with it.. But i dont really go for gibson guitars so i couldnt tell you.. Sorry man..

Best of luck with it tho..
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
I'm no Gibby expert but i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. If that really was a supreme the bidding would be a hell of a lot higher right now.

I think when it comes down to it, most people in the know will not buy a Gibson from eBay mainly due to the incredible number of fakes and scams, there's a very high chance that you'll end up with a fake.

I'd say don't bid for the aformentioned reasons plus the fact that you obviously don't really seem to know anything about Gibson's as you have to ask if it's a fake or not so could quite easily fall into a trap. The harmony central electric guitar forum is great for pointing this stuff out.
Last edited by codybcool at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I'm pretty sure Gibsons don't have serial numbers.

i'm pretty sure you're an idiot.
sigged, BTW
anyways, that guitar will go up within 3 minutes of the auction ending. so saying its 545 dollars 4 and 1/2 hours (as of now) is a steal.
Last edited by chunkybrotha at Jul 13, 2006,
its very easy to spoof names on ebay, so dont trust how long hes been or rating.
get in a ventrilo conversation with him or a game and you can find his is to see if he really lives in the U.S.
He says "im pretty sure this guitar comes from korea, when clearly it says "MADE IN USA" under the serial number. What a ****ing idiot
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

its is not a real gibson supreme, i own one bought straight from gibson usa. that it a european or asian replica.
this is a real gibson supreme on ebay. it is used for 2000 USD. that one you found would sell for over 3000 USD if it were a true gibson

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-SUPREME-Flamed-AAAA-Top-Ebony-Board_W0QQitemZ130005665521QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Also Supremes have an AAAA top, which doens't seem present here. Also the headstock is fake.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
is it me or does it say "Suprome" on the headstock instead of "Supreme?"
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
i only buy guitars from ebay stores that have a good rep. this dude only has 50 feed backs and this auction is fishy... i wouldnt do it. nope.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Just the fact that

"I ordered two Les Pauls from overseas"

USA made ones too should be enough to tell you it's fake. It's probably one of those Chinese ebay specials, they can put what they like on guitars.
The headstock's fake, only Epiphones have them Gibson stickers on the pickups when new, and "he's told it's from Korea".

Don't buy it.

And if you're looking to spend a load on a Supreme, play a load of them, dammit.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the price of the guitar went down to 350 dollars. and everyone retracted their bid.

perhaps they read this thread?
Its fake for sure, three holed truss rod like mentioned before.

Edit: I feel sorry for the guy who bought it.
Definately fake. The truss rod cover was an immediate giveaway.

Also, notice that on most of the fake Gibson auctions, they rarely show close-up pics of the frets. Frets on the fakes extend to over the neck binding, just like most guitars. On Gibsons, the fretboard binding gets installed AFTER the frets. The binding is then shaped to follow the contours of the fretoboard and frets - a labour-intensive detail that NO fake ever has. No other manufacturer uses this technique other than Gibson.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by Crunchmeister
Definately fake. The truss rod cover was an immediate giveaway.

Also, notice that on most of the fake Gibson auctions, they rarely show close-up pics of the frets. Frets on the fakes extend to over the neck binding, just like most guitars. On Gibsons, the fretboard binding gets installed AFTER the frets. The binding is then shaped to follow the contours of the fretoboard and frets - a labour-intensive detail that NO fake ever has. No other manufacturer uses this technique other than Gibson.

hmm, neat, i never noticed. ill have to check that out

EDIT: most kids who go "oooooooooo a les paul you must be cool" wont notice its a fake, so you could say "hey i got a les paul" and you show it to them, they wont know the difference. so it could be nice to have.
It's a technique unique to Gibson. It's a time-consuming process done by hand, so most manufacturers don't bother doing something like that, since it's strictly for cosmetic purposes and most people never notice it.

On the other hand, it's where I see the most cosmetic flaws with Gibsons too. You get some Gibsons with truly horrible fretboard binding jobs...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by CustomCustom
do th chinese fakes go as far as stmaping made in USA on the headstock too, Id be a little wary.

I've seen Asian copies with the bottoms of pickups stamped, they go really far to fool people now. Even the truss-rod holes aren't enough to tell anymore, they've caught onto that as well.
if i were to make fakes, i would buy or borrow a real gibson, and then see what they do, and then make it based upon that.