Right im hoping to be playing some smallish acoustic gigs by myself, I was wondering if anyone knew any really good and effective setups for someone with this equipment:-

Soundhole Pickups
Fender Acoustic Guitar
Korg Toneworks AX1500G - Vocals? I usually use it with my electric guitar but it has nice vocal effects..
Shure SM57 - Vocals

Can anyone recommend me a setup using only this equipment, asnd can you explain which bits to plug it to which, also would it be worth investing in a PA system or any other kind of equipment?

The only setup i can think of is:-

Guitar-->Soundhole Pickup-->Amp1

SM57-->AX1500G--> Amp2

Or would it be easier to do this

Guitar-->Soundhole Pickup-->|
                            Powered Mixer|PA SYSTEM?---->Amp
SM57-->AX1500G--> Amp---->|

Can anyone recommend me a good small PA system or powered mixer that i could use? im pretty sure the venue will have one but i may not know how to use it..
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Last edited by Beansontoast at Jul 13, 2006,
i really like pickles
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Why are you putting the SM57 into an amp.

I'd go

Guitar----->SoundHole Pickup----->
                                                      Mixer----->Power Amp---->Speakers
SM57----->AX1500G---------------->
Quote by take_it_t
Why are you putting the SM57 into an amp.

I'd go

Guitar----->SoundHole Pickup----->
Mixer----->Power Amp---->Speakers
SM57----->AX1500G---------------->

Can you explain more fully, why would you plug an amp into speakers, plus arent power amps ****e anyway? wouldnt it be better to get a Power mixer then into the speakers
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Well it's up to you, I'm just going by an example. Obviously if your mixer is powered than you wouldnt need a power amp. Just hook up the Guitar Pickup to a channel on the console, and then your microphone and its effects pedal up to the mixer, you might want to put the effects into the effects send. And then just wire up your PA system as it normally is.

What are you confused about.
Quote by take_it_t
Well it's up to you, I'm just going by an example. Obviously if your mixer is powered than you wouldnt need a power amp. Just hook up the Guitar Pickup to a channel on the console, and then your microphone and its effects pedal up to the mixer, you might want to put the effects into the effects send. And then just wire up your PA system as it normally is.

What are you confused about.

OK now worries cheers
Quote by rockon1824
You'd need a direct box before the guitar into the mixer wouldn't you?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....