Im a noob to the bass so no one make fun of me please. I was just curious if any companies make v shaped basses. I happened to be watching the "Feel Good Inc" video and thought murdocs bass was sick.
don't know any, sorry. and this is the bass forum. you'll see a very small amount of flaming here.

I'll look into it.
I don't know if you can find em in stores anymore but youre prolly thinking of a flying v, something that looks like this:

Doesnt' gibson sell one?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
you'll probably have to buy used.
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
don't know any, sorry. and this is the bass forum. you'll see a very small amount of flaming here.

I'll look into it.

its true, the people here are nicer than the dudes on the forums that I frequent.

I think Dean make flying V or ML shaped basses, I'll check.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
http://deanguitars.com/basses.htm

Dean basses are always in my heart

i'll probly get one of those shapes one day on a bass... razorback, ml, z , caddilac.. holy crap i love em all

yeah wierd aint it? ive always been an SR505 guy but sometimes i would just love to be in a thrash band with a "metal" bass :P
thanks for the help. something like the V Metalman would be nice someday. Thing is I dont play metal so are other styles gonna sound ok on something like that?

Oh and that black isnt very perty
tbh, i have no idea how they sound, i just love the shapes

thing is, the V metalman, for instance, has a high output bucker in the bridge. meaning its set up to play metal. the other deans might be better for other genres, but i think the V is metal geared. (but the other ones are used in a ton of diff genres.)
hmm, I just happened to like that V shape. Does anyone happen to know any other companies that make them that arent metal geared?
i know there aren't that many bass pickups out there, but you can't replace the pickups.
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
well i didnt plan on replacin anything. I just wanted to know if any companies besides Dean makes a V shaped bass
Last edited by barb3rman at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
i know there aren't that many bass pickups out there, but you can't replace the pickups.

umm...yes you can replace the pickups and there are just as many different bass pickups as there are guitar ones..guitars can have single coils, humbuckers, soapbars and (rarely) split single coils...(i saw those on a guitar once or twice)...Basses can have split single coils, single coils, humbuckers and soapbars...

and as for another company that makes V shaped basses...uh...Gibson used to make a 4 string V shaped bass but only about 400 were produced and, needless to say, they arent for sale anymore in everyday music shops...I thought epiphone made a reissue of that bass but it seems they dont...I also thought that BC Rich made a V shape but they dont either...I guess I didnt know how rare V shaped basses were...I dont think you'll find any others besides the Deans...

But dont hesitate to get one just because it is metal-geared (hehe, Metal Gear??) you can probably play with your tone enough to make it suit whatever style you play...or youcan take more drastic measures install new electronics in it (pickups, active preamp,etc)...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Epiphone makes a cooool flying V bass, MusiciansFriend is down right now but you can check it out there...my brothers friend has one and it ROCKS, definitely check it out!
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Hey tagringo can you get me a link to that bass? Thatd be cool. and thats for the advice xeno
Yeah I had a look at that one yesterday. Theres something about that one thats just kinda ugly to me lol. Maybe its just the black, I dunno.
Sorry dude, it like disappeared from MF and it never was on the Epiphone site, i'm lookin for it for ya.

http://www.epiphonestore.co.uk/acatalog/Korina_Flying_V_Bass.html

Thats proof it exists, at least.

Edit: Woah you can buy it there too, i guess.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
i say get famous and make your own signiture series of V basses
Quote by The Pickle Man
If that's the best Chicago has to offer then... well... too bad for Chicago, I guess.
theres one on ebay right now but i can't remeber if this fourm has rules to ebay links just search flying v bass
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Epiphone no longer make the V bass. Trust me, i wanted one when i started and i called about 5 guitar shops, and they all said they took it off the market. And my heart broke the other month, they stopped making the Explorer bass...and then i walked into this guitar store in the city and they had one of the last ones. Its mine now But back on topic, i reckon Dean are your best chance for a non-custom bass.
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
V Basses Suck.. No Room for Slapping.

you mean they have tight ass spacing?
Sorry I'm not really making much of a contribution here, but if you guys could help me try to find a King V shaped bass i would love you. I'm not into flying V's because of the rounded edges, so if anyone can find a V shaped bass, that would be great.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.