Mkay. So since all of you were extremely helpful in my last thread [that's not sarcastic], I decided to stick with my squier strat.

i want to play:
it dies today
across five aprils
metalcore
hardcore
punk

i have:
squier strat
fender frontman 15g
boss ds-1 distortion pedal

THE QUESTION IS:
Should I invest in replacing the single coil at the bridge with a humbucker, and if so, what kind? How good are Seymour Duncan JBs?

&&&&& am I going to have to make any mods to the body of the guitar to allow SPACE for a humbucker?

I am willing to spend a decent amount of money, and I'd prefer to buy new.

Much appreciated.
You were a priority.
Was I an option?

I've been dying to know--
Do I ever cross your mind?

Hey guess what!
I'm a
girl.
Last edited by heartxxcore at Jul 13, 2006,
oh for sure replace it, try out the DiMarzio tone zone, you can listen to it only, it could be perfect for everything, for sure with punk, anyway, what about replacing the single-coils? and is your guitar made of agathis? if so UH-OH

Quote by heartxxcore
Mkay. So since all of you were extremely helpful in my last thread [that's not sarcastic], I decided to stick with my squier strat.

i want to play:
it dies today
across five aprils
metalcore
hardcore
punk

i have:
squier strat
fender frontman 15g
boss ds-1 distortion pedal

THE QUESTION IS:
Should I invest in replacing the single coil at the bridge with a humbucker, and if so, what kind? How good are Seymour Duncan JBs?

I am willing to spend a decent amount of money, and I'd prefer to buy new.

Much appreciated.

If you're willing to spend a decent amount of money, why are you sticking with a shitty guitar and a shitty amp?
Quote by Arlabester
oh for sure replace it, try out the DiMarzio tone zone, you can listen to it only, it could be perfect for everything, for sure with punk, anyway, what about replacing the single-coils? and is your guitar made of agathis? if so UH-OH

It's got an alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard.
You were a priority.
Was I an option?

I've been dying to know--
Do I ever cross your mind?

Hey guess what!
I'm a
girl.
Quote by heartxxcore
It's got an alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard.

sounds fine to me, but you might wanna try out a LP std plain top, from epiphone (dont worry its not a clone, its a gibson company)
Quote by Arlabester
sounds fine to me, but you might wanna try out a LP std plain top, from epiphone (dont worry its not a clone, its a gibson company)

Epiphones are crap...Agiles make better Gibson copies for cheaper.
I'd invest in an amp, first. Great pickups will still sound mediocre through your amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
dude up there: yes, that is correct

Vindiction: Plz stfu epiphone is teh pwnage, its much higher than squier (starting at the lp std plain top)
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I'd invest in an amp, first. Great pickups will still sound mediocre through your amp.

Exactly...your amp constitutes a majority of your tone.

VINDICEDIT:

Ask pretty much anyone here - as a general rule, Agiles are better than Epiphones.

Oh, and saying they will still sound "mediocre" through that amp is giving the amp far too much credit...
Last edited by Vindication at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by Vindication
Exactly...your amp constitutes a majority of your tone.

VINDICEDIT:

Ask pretty much anyone here - as a general rule, Agiles are better than Epiphones.

maybe she should try one out, hmm? im trying to recommend something you jerk

EDIT: NO, the lucier will cut the spacing, it'll cost ya tho

VINDICEDIT: HAHA! you really should get a new amp, try out a marshall, NOT AN MG
Last edited by Arlabester at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by Vindication

Oh, and saying they will still sound "mediocre" through that amp is giving the amp far too much credit...

Touche.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Its true.
Your squier will sound almost decent through a better amp.
But I'd ditch the squire completely as soon as possible.
I actually stopped playing electric guitar for a while because mine sucked so much.
Then I got a schecter : ).
Seriously though, JB's are great , That would probobaly work for your sound, but A tone zone or EMG's would be better.
The big problem is your amp. Frontman amps suck.
Get a hotrod if you want to stick with fender, Or a JCM atleast if your getting a marshall.
Tube really is the way to go.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
alright, if u want to spend money on a new guitar just buy a new guitar! problem solved.
thank you thank you.
if you wanna keep your squier, it should be routed for a humbucker in the bridge. and i would recommend the dimarzio tone zone; it's about as versatile (and good) as they get. and at $60, it should be cheaper than a new amp.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
if you wanna keep your squier, it should be routed for a humbucker in the bridge. and i would recommend the dimarzio tone zone; it's about as versatile (and good) as they get. and at $60, it should be cheaper than a new amp.

^ yes, i am teh pwnage
Quote by Arlabester
^ yes, i am teh pwnage

No you aren't, you're an idiot. A new amp is more important. Good pick ups will still sound mediocre through a crap amp.
Quote by The way to hate
No you aren't, you're an idiot. A new amp is more important. Good pick ups will still sound mediocre through a crap amp.

i said new amp waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy up there! recommended a marshall, but NOT AN MG!
Quote by Arlabester
i said new amp waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy up there! recommended a marshall, but NOT AN MG!

MGs bleed the ears. I would know, I had one =(
I will never buy a marshall again after I tried the mgs

I am Mesa Boogie/Carvin amp only now. They dont deserve my money after putting out such shoddy amps at such a ridiculous price.
Let's keep in mind this isnt an MG bashing thread.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86