Hi guys

I have a Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 wich is really great (made in U.S.A.), but the problem is I can't bend very much with my tremolo. I mean at 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th strings I can only bend a half step higher (1 fret). Only at the 3rd can I bend a whole step (2 frets).

Is there any way to make my tremolo been able to bend more, for example 2 1/2 steps (5 frets)?

It would be cool to bend so much during a solo. I think I have to change something at the 6 screws wich hold the tremolo on the guitar-body.

Thanks!
No, I don't want to install a floy-rose. I think something with the screws
^What? I'm not sure how relevant that is. You can always loosen the tension of the spring...take a couple out. That'll put the bridge at an odd angle, but you'll be able to bend more. The Fender tremelo isn't designed to bend notes all that much, unlike the Floyd Rose. I can bend 2 1/2 steps easily...my maximum is almost a full 4th up.

So consider getting an Original Floyd Rose installed if that's what you want.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
um yeah maybe just remove sum of the spring in the back so it dosent have as much tension so u can pull it farther cus yeah mines used to have 5 springs in it and it was hard too so i removed 2 of em and yeah i can push the whammy bar to the body of the guitar now
My rig:
Ibanez GIO-7 or squier fatstrat-->dunlop crybaby with fasels---->line 6 Spider II 112 75 watt
Raise the bridge with the screws under the strings in front of the saddles (near the headstock) [raise them a lot] and loosen your back springs.

Re tune, and enjoy half octave bends.

BUT your action will be pretty high, so you can't tap :P
Fender bridges arnt meant to full on bend with the trem bar it will go out of tune straight away as everyone has said floyd rose is your option if ya really wanna
Quote by Invictious
Raise the bridge with the screws under the strings in front of the saddles (near the headstock) [raise them a lot] and loosen your back springs.

Re tune, and enjoy half octave bends.

BUT your action will be pretty high, so you can't tap :P

No, I can raise the tremolo until it touches the wood, it is not that I am not strong enough, if you this is going on.

What is the headstock? COuld I damage my gtr this way?
Fender tremolos are vintage ones which means they are ment to only go down.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by SdKfz
No, I can raise the tremolo until it touches the wood, it is not that I am not strong enough, if you this is going on.

What is the headstock? COuld I damage my gtr this way?

No, basically you raise the screws right in front of the saddles (the screws are nearer to th fretboard), raise them as much as you want, same with the screws, loosen them.

Now you will have quite some high action, so forget about playing tapping, or too many hammer ons or pull offs, but you will have almost the range of a FR :P

You had better get locking tuners.

Oh yea, the setting above is good for training finger strength btw, especially for tapping
Quote by altarofdemise
Fender tremolos are vintage ones which means they are ment to only go down.

they can go up with a good set up and locking tuners
Even so, with the vintage design, it is rather inefficient, and it CAN put a lot of load onto the locking tuners and possible detune it if you are rough enough.

Get a floyd rose locking nut instead, then you won't need any locking tuners, and they theoritcally will never go out of tune.

But, your trem setup etc will make it lose tune.
Quote by garden of grey
floyd roses are the only real option

can i see a pic of a floyd rose
I have never heard of a strat bridge being able to bend up...
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
^ I just sold a Strat last Saturday... the 2 point bridge went up quite a bit.
haha
weird, I thought the bridge sat right on the wood at all times.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by eyeownyu
can i see a pic of a floyd rose

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Floyd-rose-trem.gif

That's an original FR (at least the site says it's original).
Quote by Bad Analogy #1
She grew on him like she was a colony of
E. Coli, and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.

Quote by Bad Analogy #2
It was an American tradition, like
fathers chasing kids around with
power tools.
How do you bend a note up using the tremolo? Pull in the opposite direction?
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
The more you practice, the more you can bend. Also, I think the longer you have strings on your guitar, the more broken in they get and the more they will raise in tone when you bend.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Trie ernie ball super slinkies, even though i hate them.

Although it won't make much of a difference, because it is the space that trem has when it bends up or down.

So lets say if you have a super large cavity (at least its super deep) for the vintage trem, you can pull up as much as the trem allows before it knocks the wood.

It's a different matter if you are bending down because the bar will hit the body, but you can flick the whammy bar to the otherway and bend it down with the bar facing away from the headstock.. (dimebag style?)