I searched for a thread like this but didnt find one. Im planning to buy a Les Paul Custom but I wanna get one used cuz a new one is too much money. Is buying a guitar on ebay safe? has anyone ever bought one?what did you think? any thing else i missed?
Haha, I just sold a Epiphone Les Paul Custom on Ebay

If you'd posted this like a week ago I could've sold it to you

Ah well!

Ebay is generally quite safe in my experience, not too bad either, some good deals on it.

I'd make sure the seller had ALOT of good feedback, alot of ****ers out there will try and con you.

If the seller has alot of good feedback, its generally a genuine seller.

Good luck finding one but :P
ive bought like 10 guitars on ebay, you have to be very careful what you are buying, check the sellers feedback, ask him questiosn about the guitar, and make sure he states what the guitar is, if its in working condition, and just being honest about it, and hope you get a good deal,
i've never bought a guitar off ebay, but i have bought alot of other stuff, i have never been ripped off or anything. just make sure you read everything and that they have a high rating
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
its a good way to get good guitars for cheaper... just check the guy's rating. only buy if hes got alot of positive.

most people who sell guitars off ebay hardly played the guitars, and need room and money so they can buy another good guiitar that they wont play. also, email the person whos selling the stuff for more pictures or other details, just to be sure theres no scratches or anything.

good luck.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by The way to hate
My mom ordered me a "IC400" online, somewhere in fine print it said "icx120". I got jewed.

Pays to read every little bit before you complete the transaction.

I use Ebay a fair bit, buying and selling. If you know what yer after, browse through some articles on the net and find out all its weak points then look for them in the auction pages. Don't be fooled by a quality photo and a clever description, get photos of all the areas that may need attention (e.g, Epiphones have notorious neck joints), get a history of the guitar from the owner, where its been stored, what its been doing etc etc.

It doen't hurt to ask, it may save you money in the long run and Epiphone Customs are common as muck so theres no rush.

As always check the feedback, actually check it. Don't be put off by one negative when that negative was from a dodgy seller, not on the part of the user selling the guitar.
Quote by TedZilla
Pays to read every little bit before you complete the transaction.

I use Ebay a fair bit, buying and selling. If you know what yer after, browse through some articles on the net and find out all its weak points then look for them in the auction pages. Don't be fooled by a quality photo and a clever description, get photos of all the areas that may need attention (e.g, Epiphones have notorious neck joints), get a history of the guitar from the owner, where its been stored, what its been doing etc etc.

It doen't hurt to ask, it may save you money in the long run and Epiphone Customs are common as muck so theres no rush.

As always check the feedback, actually check it. Don't be put off by one negative when that negative was from a dodgy seller, not on the part of the user selling the guitar.

I know, but my poor mom didn't know that at the time.
i bought a tele style hollowbody for 70 quid ans it was fine so its safe
Most of the time you have to try a Gibson Les Paul before you buy it. Theres so many duds out there, that you have to play a bunch to find the right one and then you have to buy that one. By ordering it on ebay, someone may have bought it, realized it was a dud and tried sellingg it.