Hi, I'm thinking of buying a new Jackson but now I'm stuck trying to decide between either a Dinky, Kelly, Warrior or even a Soloist. I'm looking at the Pro and MG series for most of the guitars, since under $1000 is really my price range, but I can go a bit above it. I'd like a Floyd Rose, 24 frets and good fret access on my new guitar, but I'm completely clueless with pickups...EMG or Seymour Duncan? That seems like the only noticable difference between Pro/MG, aside from the number of pickups...so I'm asking for some information on EMG HZ, 81/85 and SD JB/other pickups...and finally, out of the guitars listed which one do you think would be best for metal/classic rock and just basically the most versatile? Thanks for reading this long post...

EDIT: Any good V shaped guitars that you'd recommend over these listed, with a FR, 24 frets and around $1 grand?
Last edited by Pulling Teeth at Jul 13, 2006,
hmm well actually i would recomd u getting sumthing with duncans in but if u want a guitar for metal pretty much then go for sumthing with the emg 81/85 and id probably recomend a dinky model
My rig:
Ibanez GIO-7 or squier fatstrat-->dunlop crybaby with fasels---->line 6 Spider II 112 75 watt
I'm buying a DKMG Dinky sometime this week myself. I've heard that EMG 81/85s are really good for metal, but don't play clean tones well. I've heard that EMG HZ pretty much just suck.
I don't know, at first when i saw that i thought it was a real floyd rose but i think it's still a LFR. It's supposed to be better than the previous Jackson LFRs. I do know that the JT580 on the DK2 and other pro and mg series are a direct swap for a OFR.
I do know that the JT580 on the DK2 and other pro and mg series are a direct swap for a OFR.

When you talk about a bridge being a direct swap for an OFR, does that mean the cavity is the exact size of an OFR or the quality of the LFR matches that of an OFR?
Quote by Pulling Teeth
When you talk about a bridge being a direct swap for an OFR, does that mean the cavity is the exact size of an OFR or the quality of the LFR matches that of an OFR?

we mean the cavity and stud sizes all together.
Quote by Pulling Teeth

EDIT: Any good V shaped guitars that you'd recommend over these listed, with a FR, 24 frets and around $1 grand?

the Jackson KVX10 King V has what you're looking for
you can afford the rr3 which would be better than the kvx10, but it has 22. That shouldn't be a problem though.
try to find a used sl3. or jsut get a dk2 pro. and yes, the seymour duncan JB is a good pick-up. But it's more suitable for rock, but it pretty much works for anything.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"