Simple question, what is the lowest guage where the g-sting is wounded?
its wound
Quote by MDoggDX316
I would pick God. I bet he is a closet shredder who just pretends to like blues.

Quote by jesusgonewrong
Guys, guys this is the bass forum, we don't need to be abusive. Leave that for the pit.

Shaved Member of the Bass MIlitia. PM Indiemetalhead to join
I think you can ask for a wound string at any gauge cause I once broke my g and the pack was barely like 3 days old so I just asked my mom to pickup a g for me and they gave me a wound g and it was for a pack of .010's

EDIT: To the guy under me yea they were D'addrios
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Jul 14, 2006,
actually i think i've seen daddario .010's with wound G but i'd imagine that's the lowest.
For all 6, I've seen .007's I believe. I'm more of a thicker string player though; .011's to be exact...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
For all 6, I've seen .007's I believe. I'm more of a thicker string player though; .011's to be exact...

WAHT all 6 strings wounded at .007's gauge
I'd rather have all 6 strings all wound, because thin strings give me a headache.

Yes, I also use credit card triangle sharp edged picks too and thick strings, I play metal. I know I am hardcore.

Well, what are some brands and gauge where all 6 strings are wound?
you dont need all 6 strings most metal artist dont use all 6 strings wound. have you thought of using thicker gauges for lower tunings