Could someone pleas post a pic of proper right hand technique fro double thumping.

Thanx for the help.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Use the side of your thumb near the tip next to the nail for the downstroke more than the lower down positioning for slap. Just pop the string with your nail on the upstroke. I find it necessary to angle my hand so the thumb is about 45 degrees to the strings to keep it up, this could just be my flaw h/e.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I'd search for that Victor Wooten video everyone links too though, for a better explaination.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Yeah, i wached it and i dident get a close enough shot of his thumb when he is strikeing the string and thats ny major prolbem.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

PM NightmareXT To Join!

yeah..my problem is also in the thumb and arm...do you move your wrist or thumb at all? or keep it rather stiff and just move your whole forearm? do you stick your thumb straight out? do you close your hand like a fist with your thumb out?
Whats some good settings for your amp to get a good snap like that for thumbing?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry

PM NightmareXT To Join!

on my bass, I try to stay away from the neck pick up (only use it for bass EQ), Bridge pick up, 50% bass 75% treble I like it
How is the rest of your hand when you thumb? Is it open or in a loosely clenched fist? Do you tense your thumb to keep it rigid?