Well, you can read about how i came up with this on my dMusic page.

Mostly came off the top of my head and messing around with it on guitar, figuring out some different parts. I put in a solo which is basically the main zelda theme re-done a bit. And it's done in drop C in case you were wondering.

Hope you like it. It's kind of an alternative rock/metal style.

http://www.myspace.com/cureforsorrow

or the dmusic link is in my sig.
Last edited by ironman316 at Jul 13, 2006,
Sounds really good. Nice work on the solo, but you may want to turn the distortion down a bit if you plan on redoing it. Everything sort of meshes together, but other than that, great job!
Quote by bassdrum
Sounds really good. Nice work on the solo, but you may want to turn the distortion down a bit if you plan on redoing it. Everything sort of meshes together, but other than that, great job!

well, to me, heavy = mega distortion. i dunno if thats what you got from heavy, but thats what i meant.
Loved it!!! This is definately my fave Zelda song. Great job
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Ok I reworked it a bit and cleaned it up majorly. turned down the distortion a bit, but it still has that heavy metal sound. changed up the solo a little, added a small harmony part at the end. it should be clearer too but i probably messed it up. check out the new version on my dmusic site. link in sig.
Pretty awesome, man. If you ask me, to make it even "heavier", either turn down the lead a tad or turn up the backing chords... to me, it would sound infinitely heavier if you could really get a feel of the backing "chug" of those mega distorted power chords. Maybe that's just me, though.
But that was cool. That harmony stuff sounded at first like you were going into the main Zelda theme, but it was just a neat little improv thing. If you expanded it more, I think it'd be better, but for what little you had there, it was pretty sweet.
Of course, this could only be because I'm such a devoted Nintendo nerd. Either way, keep rocking, man, that was sweet!
system of a down alrerady made a legend of zelda song lol
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon

TONS of bands have already done Zelda covers. NESkimos, The Advantage, Minibosses... he didn't record the cover to be the "first" to do it, because he obviously isn't.
lol.
Quote by SethMegadefan
TONS of bands have already done Zelda covers. NESkimos, The Advantage, Minibosses... he didn't record the cover to be the "first" to do it, because he obviously isn't.
lol.

haha dude minibosses are awesome. they're the foreign metal band right?

and that one from system, isn't from system. it's from a band called rabbit joint. or THE rabbit joint. it gets mistaken for system of a down pretty much all the time.

Quote by SethMegadefan
Pretty awesome, man. If you ask me, to make it even "heavier", either turn down the lead a tad or turn up the backing chords... to me, it would sound infinitely heavier if you could really get a feel of the backing "chug" of those mega distorted power chords. Maybe that's just me, though.
But that was cool. That harmony stuff sounded at first like you were going into the main Zelda theme, but it was just a neat little improv thing. If you expanded it more, I think it'd be better, but for what little you had there, it was pretty sweet.
Of course, this could only be because I'm such a devoted Nintendo nerd. Either way, keep rocking, man, that was sweet!

yeah i might do that... turn down the lead. but i wanted to keep it loud enough so you could tell what song it was. and i was thinking of making it longer, adding in different parts and stuff... maybe even making a metal-ish zelda medley out of it. i'll have to learn more of the zelda songs tho.
Quote by ironman316
haha dude minibosses are awesome. they're the foreign metal band right?

Umm... no, I actually think all three of the ones I listed are from the United States... not sure, though. I thought the Minibosses were rivals of The Advantage in California, unless that was The Advantage and the NESkimos...
Oh hell, I don't know!
and i was thinking of making it longer, adding in different parts and stuff... maybe even making a metal-ish zelda medley out of it. i'll have to learn more of the zelda songs tho.

Do it, man, that'd be sweeeeeeet!!! Can't have a Zelda medley without the original dungeon theme.
Nice, tone is a teenyweeny bit harsh
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Jebus, listened to your UnderOATH cover, and you have the best scream I've heard on UG.

Like the Zelda thing too!
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by MedicreDemon

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 SYSTEM DID NOT MAKE THAT SONG!!!!!!!! SOME RANDOM BAND CALLED BLUEGRAZE (A.K.A. THE RABBIT JOINT) MADE IT!!!! SOME RETARD ON NAPSTER APPERENTLY MISLABELED IT AND THEN THIS BIG RUMOR STARTED ABOUT SOAD MAKING THE SONG! IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE SERJ!!!

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00022/

SEE FOR URSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, im just a little moody right now!