what are some really dissonant chords and what are the notes that are usually in them?

Like a root and a minor second or whatever.
The opening chord to "Bleak"-Opeth is rather dissonant.

Try maj7#11 or maj7b5 chords. Metheny uses them a fair amount, actually. I find them to be rather beautiful...in a slightly dissonant sort of what.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Root, Flat third, flat fifth, doubly flat seventh (6th interval, but considered a doublly flat seven)

Can't really beat that with just 4 notes.
wh ywould you want to know?

Chromatics soudnquite dissonant any note that is outisde the the scale of the key your playing in will sound weird.

Just fiddle around. it won't take long to find some although some will only sound dissonant when in a context
augmented chords are considered dissonant...an augmented chord consists of a root, major third, and augmented fifth

diminished chords are also dissonant...they contain a root, minor third, and diminished 5th
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by Erc
Augmented, diminished...most anything with a tritone interval in it.

pretty much what he said

(tritone is a diminished 5th/augmented 4th btw)
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
the tritone
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.