Lookin for new pickups (humbuckers, J placement). Currently, I have Ibanez pickups. Any suggestions for new pickups?
thanks. I noticed that Ibanez basses now come with bartolinis. I bought a BTB400qm before they did that. Would it be possible to send it in to Ibanez and have it outfitted with bartolinis for less $?
EMG's, if you can afford them. If I manage to find 153 bucks on the road I'm gonna buy a P/J set for my soon to be fretless (trendfollower - I know) Ibanez GTR 70.

They sound great on any instrument, though.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by pushbot
thanks. I noticed that Ibanez basses now come with bartolinis. I bought a BTB400qm before they did that. Would it be possible to send it in to Ibanez and have it outfitted with bartolinis for less $?

I highly doubt it, as bartolini's are very high quality pickups, and very expensive. (Usually $100+)

I've noticed that alot of companies have started buying bartolini pickups as a factory installed lately. Tobias, Warwick (I've seen some new ones with them. Namely corvettes.), and now Ibanez? Must only be on the higher end models.
Quote by elemenohpee
I highly doubt it, as bartolini's are very high quality pickups, and very expensive. (Usually $100+)

I've noticed that alot of companies have started buying bartolini pickups as a factory installed lately. Tobias, Warwick (I've seen some new ones with them. Namely corvettes.), and now Ibanez? Must only be on the higher end models.

Actally the ibanez basses are fitted with Bartolini MK pickups, which to my knoweldge are not as high quality as 'real' bartolinis
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
What would be a good model as far as bartolinis go. (i'm thinking a clean, tight tone, warm when played fingerstyle, bright when slapped, and biting with a pick)
bartolini
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
your putting a $10 saddle on a $2 horse. upgrade the bass first, then worry about pick-up upgrades. imo.

You couldn't be any more wrong. Upgrading a guitar or basses pickups improves the sound so much.

75% of a guitars sound comes from it's pickups.

You upgrade pickups on a low end guitar and it will make it sound like a high end one. Why waste money? That's why I got an MIJ bass instead of MIA