What are some good songs to start with? I know theres a reccomndeation thread but thats cds.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Some stuff from his work with Rod Stewart...

Shapes of Things (Yardbirds cover)

You Shook Me (I think this was also a Yardbirds number, there was a little controversy because both Page and Beck's bands were releasing their versions of this at the same time)

Beck's Bolero

I personally love anything off Beck-Ola, but try Spanish Boots and Plynth for a start.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get any of Beck's fusion stuff, I'm sure there's great things from there too.
He has a lot of different material, so it's very tough to say. I would start with one of the two following albums:

Blow By Blow - Beck's best fusion album, rivaled only by Wired. You really can't go wrong with it.

or...

Truth - Beck's first album, wonderfully raunchy blues rock with Rod Stewart at his best and Ronnie Wood as a surprisingly good bass player, along with guest appearances by Jimmy Page and Keith Moon.

Either will suffice as a good introductory album.
Oh, come on, Let Me Love You is awesome, Jeff Beck might be the first person to think of soloing along the vocal line. Shapes of Things is good, but a comparativey weak opener.
"You Shook Me" is a Muddy Waters cover, it was written by Willie Dixon. Jeff Beck's music doesn't tend to fit into any one style. With The Yardbirds he played blues and pop for the most part, with The Jeff Beck Group he played more experimental pschodelic stuff with a little blues, with Beck Bogart Appice he played straight rock and as a solo performer he played everything. His newer stuff has been kinda technoish and sucks ass, but we are stille talking about Jeff Beck.

Here's song throughout his career that I'd suggest
Jeff's Blues
Train Kept a' Rollin'
Shapes of Things (Yardbirds)
Stroll On
Heart Full of Soul
Over, Under, Sideways, Down
I'm a Man
Smokestack Lightning (BBC version)
Beck's Bolero
Hi-Ho Silver Lining
Plynth
Greensleeves
Freeway Jam
Going Down
You Shook Me
Walk, Don't Run
She's a Woman
Scatterbrain
Superstition
Lady

Yeah, a lot. It's Jeff Beck!
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Last edited by ufossuck at Jul 14, 2006,
Wow thanks guys.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Blow by Blow and Beck-ola are my favs, but I also enjoy his Yardbirds stuff as well.

EDIT: Sorry I thought it was for CD's. My favs songs are Rock My Plimsoul, Going Down, Got the Feeling, and Scatterbrain.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Yeah, he asked for songs, but I've always been a staunch believer in introducing through albums, so there you go. Recently, however, I have been utterly addicted to "Head For Backstage Pass," which is worth checking out if you're interested in just a quick track of a bunch of great musicians showing/goofing off.

By the way, anyone else seeing Jeff Beck in concert soon? I just found out today he's playing at Starland Ballroom, this tiny, intimate venue and the single best one I've ever been to (went there for George Clinton and Joe Satriani/Eric Johnson). Anybody else interested? I've got tickets for seven other concerts lined up and this one hasn't even gone on sale yet and I can't get it out of my head.
^^Starland Ballroom as in the Starland Ballroom in Sayerville, NJ?!

AWESOME! That's another show to add to the list
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
What do you think now? Better sig?
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
^^first, it's on September 11th, not November 11th

and second, you're seeing the Crowes next Saturday? Where are your seats?
Quote by Thefallofman
Yes, Jeff Beck two months earlier!!!!!!!!!!! It helps to not pay attention sometimes, ha...

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of when the Crowes tickets first went on sale, so the best I could get were in section 304. Still, not bad, PNC is a good venue and I'm really excited about seeing Robert Randolph opening.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
^^PNC is great anywhere you sit really...check your PMs.

Does anybody have any Jeff Beck CDs that could send me? All I have is Wired, which is awesome.
Quote by Thefallofman