hey i have a epiphone dot semi-hollowbody guitar and i wana change the humbuckers but i dont know if its possible. this guitar has no covers on the back to access the controls or the 3-way selector swith. is it possible to get new humbuckers with this problem?
you should be able to....i hope so lol...and if you can get a local shop to install them..
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
Quote by nathan312
you should be able to....i hope so lol...and if you can get a local shop to install them..

i planned on a shop installling them. i just dont wana buy the pickups bring it there and have them go "Oh sorry we cant do that with this guitar" haha
I don't see why not.
Frank Zappa had an extremely customized Semi hollowbody guitar, similiar to the Epiphone Dot. Forgot what it was. But it had tons of electronics in there.
Changing the electronics on a semi-hollow is pretty hard, but if you just want to change the pickups it shouldn't be too hard.

First unscrew the pickups, then tie a peice of string around the wire (make sure the string is pretty long, and make sure the wire won't slip out so make the knot really tight, the reason will become clear later.) Then simply cut the wire connecting to the pickup (make sure you cut infront of the peice of string so that if the wire falls into the body you can pull the string to retrieve it.) I'm assuming you won't want or need the old pickups? Anyway after this you can just solder the new pickups into the same position your old ones where (it should only have a hot and ground wire on an epi.) Lastly add some heatshrink over the joint and screw the pickups down again.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
so if i take it to my local guitar store he'll n=know how to do it?

If he's any good he will.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
thats cool. any good pickups for punk music youd recomend i have a seymour duncan invader in another guitar thats really good. But i was lookin along the line of gibson tho. Maybe the dirty finger idk heard thats really hot!