...a song or solo is in after you collect the notes?

For example, if the notes in the solo are A B C D E F G, how can you tell whether the solo is in the key C major, A minor, or any of it's modes?

Also, are there minor modes? And are they like major modes? Like would A minor have the modes:

A Aeolian
B Locrian
C Ionian
D Dorian
E Phryigian
F Lydian and
G Mixolydian?

Thanks

-KR

For example, if the notes in the solo are A B C D E F G, how can you tell whether the solo is in the key C major, A minor, or any of it's modes?

Depends mostly on the chords played under the scale and what notes the solo resolves to the most.

Also, are there minor modes? And are they like major modes? Like would A minor have the modes:

A Aeolian
B Locrian
C Ionian
D Dorian
E Phryigian
F Lydian and
G Mixolydian?

Thanks

-KR

uhh.... i think you need to go back and learn about modes again.

major modes are

ionian
lydian
mixolydian

minor are:

dorian
phrygian
aeolian
locrian
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by kirbyrocknroll

Depends mostly on the chords played under the scale and what notes the solo resolves to the most.

uhh.... i think you need to go back and learn about modes again.

major modes are

ionian
lydian
mixolydian

minor are:

dorian
phrygian
aeolian
locrian

I got that part about the modes, but thanks I stated my question wrong methinks. I meant are there modes for minor scales? I've only heard of modes of major scales.
^but... you see? the whole concept of 'modes for minor scales' is wrong unless you talk about say, harmonic minor, melodic minor etc
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
^but... you see? the whole concept of 'modes for minor scales' is wrong unless you talk about say, harmonic minor, melodic minor etc

Ahh...okay. Back for another visit to modeland