i have an Ibanez RG 120 thats in pretty good shape, its my first guitar and I cant afford to buy another one, but fortunately i met and became friends with a guy that fixes guitars. he offered to trick it out and put a Floyd Rose on it, Bill Lawrence XL500 in the bridge and SH-59 in the neck, prestige series neck, new hardware all that good stuff. what im wondering is it even worth putting all that stuff on a really cheap guitar? he offered to do it for free but im curious if the guitar will sound any better or just look cooler.
it'll sound better definately, but how much is depending on the body. whats the wood?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
dude. if its for free then go for it. and yes it is worth it. you dont know what youre missing without a floydrose
My Band

MELTDOWN is ****ing THRASH

this is the BEST smilie. I dont care wat u say
im not sure what type of wood it is, basswood maybe? whatever a really cheap kind of wood is, thats it
a FR liscensed or Original, Bill Lawrence XL500 is a great pickup in the neck, and the SH-59 (duncan i beleive) is also good, and if its for free do it, doesnt matter the body, even if its ply, youd still have the amazing stuff...
Quote by Yea-so...hi
a FR liscensed or Original, Bill Lawrence XL500 is a great pickup in the neck, and the SH-59 (duncan i beleive) is also good, and if its for free do it, doesnt matter the body, even if its ply, youd still have the amazing stuff...

yeah, and if you upgrade you can take the parts off and transplant them
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.