I quit Guitar about this time last year, I?d been playing for just over a year and as I had a crap guitar teacher and was expecting to sound like my favourite guitarists, when I could only just about play 3 songs and was scared to even try and solo I thought I wasn?t getting anywhere even though I had a few people saying I was getting good but a lack of faith and enthusiasm meant that I quit.

And sold my guitars and amp in the shop where I got them from I was the proud owner of a Maverick F1 with a Floyd rose (don?t ask) and that led me into getting my former baby a British racing green Maverick species and a Hughes And Kettner warp 7 212

A few months ago I started to wish I hadn?t thrown in the towel and I started looking at guitar gear again

I?v sorted out my amp Marshall AVT100X it?s got the tools I?m looking for an amp that can handle Nu metal, Hard rock & Heavy Metal I?v got some ideas for a new guitar around the £300 or less mark but I was just wondering what other peoples views on my choices were

Ibanez IC200
Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG321
Schecter Omen 6

I?m looking for a well-rounded guitar that can handle anything you throw at it and is good for Nu metal, Hard rock, Heavy Metal, so if anyone has another suggestions for guitars WITHOUT Floyd Rose?s (there a bitch for drop tuning) I would be grateful.

Ps Paper-Cut is back
get a les paul copy, you can play pretty much anything on a les paul

you might also try an ESP/LTD, theyre great for anything heavy. i tried a few at my local shop and they could handle anything hard/heavy, especially if the distortion is good
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
ummm dont know about the amp. but guitar wise the sz320 with a pickup change should handle all those tones
I don't really like the feeling of the non-prestige ibanez necks but that's my personal taste. I've never tried a scheter but I heard many great things about them. Also consider a Esp-ltd mh-250nt or h-250.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
the thing with a les paul/ any epiphone or gibson, is that the necks are quite thick
i spose it wont be a rpoblem if u practice and play on just that, but ibanez's necks are quicker, thinner. but grab an esp if u can
Quote by henza_x
the thing with a les paul/ any epiphone or gibson, is that the necks are quite thick
i spose it wont be a rpoblem if u practice and play on just that, but ibanez's necks are quicker, thinner. but grab an esp if u can

if its a 60s neck then its thinner
Quote by iam2phat
I don't really like the feeling of the non-prestige ibanez necks but that's my personal taste. I've never tried a scheter but I heard many great things about them. Also consider a Esp-ltd mh-250nt or h-250.

I'v looked into a few esp/ltd guitars as well, & believe me if i had the cash in my bank balance then the MH250 NT would be hooked up to a Marshall by now that guitar looks like it can rock with the best of them

I?v got nothing against Epiphone or Gibson I?d love a flying V but they aren?t really my thing I don?t like thick necks so that's why i'm looking into super strats
I'd go for the rg321 cos it will suit your music style. I have the rg321 and i think its great for the price
When my guitar teacher wasn?t trying 2 boost his ego he did let me try out his guitars I had a go on his Jackson DKMG & a Ibanez Paul Gilbert sig, I did a few scales on his Ibanez Paul Gilbert sig at the time I only had a really crappie fender copy with a neck like a baseball bat and a sound that was so embarrassing I hated playing it threw an amp I really liked the neck on the ibanez

Compared to a wizard 3 neck is there much difference to the thickness on the neck of a RG321?
Why are you getting a marshall avt.

for that money get a Mesa Boogie F-50. Trust me. It's possibly the best amp for the money there is. Ask anyone who owns one.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Why are you getting a marshall avt.

for that money get a Mesa Boogie F-50. Trust me. It's possibly the best amp for the money there is. Ask anyone who owns one.

Thanks for the suggestion but the pain in the ass about living in the UK is it?s a bitch to get certain, brands Mesa Boogie being one of them I don?t really fancy a trip all the way up to Scotland. + Mesa Boogie are way to F*****G expensive i can dream of the day when I?m on tour standing in front of a wall of dual rectifier cabs lol

After being prompted into looking into ESP/LTD guitars again I really started looking into them again as I like to play about with drop tunings I need a hard tail bridge something most ESP/LTD superstrat?s don?t have. I liked the look of the MH 100QMNT since I first saw it early last year and now I?v finally tracked a store down that stocks them!
you can get nu metal sounds with any bass heavy amp + distortion pedal + 10 band eq. guitar can be a friggin love rock for all the difference it would make. for hard rock and metal, the amp becomes more important, (i definitely agree with the f-50--i think its the best deal mesa has right now) but again, 10 band eq will be much more important than you think. heres what i would consider a pretty damn awesome numetal/hard rock/metal rig:
any guitar with a neck that feels good to you, and humbuckers --> digitech bad monkey (awesome cheap overdrive) --> 10 band eq --> mesa f50
if youre smart and buy the f50 used, and depending on what guitar you buy (please dont buy an esp for the image dude, if you dont need the trem, youre basically buying it for the stupid looks), you can have a solid rig for not that much.