hey yall i just wrote a really kickass song but i cant get the music and lyrics to click....anyone got advice???
what did u write the music and lyrics separate? always write lyrics first and i just think of what i want the music to sound liek afterwords
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
yeah i totally agree with that
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
oh and by the way i am what you may call a scene kid so eff you
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
to make it click, have the meoldic instrument follow the vocal melody. that should work.
I think it's really hard to write too, but i find it alot eaiser to write about past experences, or something you know about.
Well, assuming you mean you can't make the vocal melody mix with the instruments, try writing it with a lead guitar line over the rythm, then adding the vocals in its place.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
So many different ways to do this: Lyrics first, song first.... If you got the music, try to develop a nice vocal melody in your head that goes along well with the music. Then try to find lyrics that fit into that nice vocal melody.
If it can't withstand the heat of a billion suns then it's worthless
Electric Church
Yeah I think its alot easier to go ahead and have song ready to go before you right the lyrics. Cause If you have lyrics you have to try and make something that sounds good which will never sound as good as if when you weren't trying.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
to make it click, have the meoldic instrument follow the vocal melody. that should work.

I second that. Also about the first couple of posts vocals don't always come first some people find it easier to write the melody first then wrap the lyrics round it if you undestand what I mean?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?