ok i realized i dont need a thousand dollar guitar, so for punk rock, bladda bladda bladda, what would be best for me? btw listen to MCR's "Desert Song" i wanna be able to that without switching guitars, i can already play it but... TY
A fat strat, Or a mid/low end schecter.
Those are the best for your money.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
A fat strat, Or a mid/low end schecter.
Those are the best for your money.

X/ plz explain to me the appeal of the fat strats, i know the have a humbucker and so and and so forth, but i have a strat!

and what about epi's?
although i shudder at the fact that im saying this.... you can get an Epi les paul standard for $400, i think. Epi Les Pauls scream punk rock, every local punk band around here has at least one guy with an epi LP in it
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Epis are nice, I recommend SGs over LPs because of thier light weight esp if you are used to playing a strat. actually with $400 you might be able to get a used Gibson off of ebay, not a nice one, but better than a $400 epi.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Epis are nice, I recommend SGs of LPs because of thier light weight esp if you are used to playing a strat. actually with $400 you might be able to get a used Gibson off of ebay, not a nice one, but better than a $400 epi.

thats true.. an SG might be better. i doubt you'd get a decent gibson for $400 though, even if it is used

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Epis are nice, I recommend SGs over LPs because of thier light weight esp if you are used to playing a strat. actually with $400 you might be able to get a used Gibson off of ebay, not a nice one, but better than a $400 epi.

ewwwww ebay! witch sg? g-310. g-400? what about the new firebird, and would the lp's be too heavy? i mean they 'scream punk rock'
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
thats true.. an SG might be better. i doubt you'd get a decent gibson for $400 though, even if it is used

i got one of those faded SGs for like $350 on ebay, of course that requirtes a decent bit of luck, but it doesnt hurt to try.
Quote by Arlabester
i mean they 'scream punk rock'

you know what i mean

LPs are kinda heavy but if you get a 3 inck strap it will be fine.. howver if you wanna jump around and stuff id go with the SG kuz its lighter, like that other guy said

if you want the Les paul, go with the Les Paul Standard Plain top, which is $400, or if you want something lighter, go with the G-400, which is also $400

Quote by richwatkinson
if you want raise your budget to about 600 and get the cheaper version of frank ieros elitst les paul custom
*jots down* try out g-400 and lp std plain top, thanx a lot guys, any other suggestion would be apreciated

^ ahha! i new someone would say that! no! im keepin my 400$ budget!!
ok well LPs weigh quite a bit, some more than others, try one out and see. As for what model that depends on taste and what you can afford, genneraly speaking with something like $400 id say go for the best one you can afford which is usually the most expensive when it comes to epis. but really you should go to a guitar shop and try things out to see what you like then cruise ebay and see whats there.
Quote by Arlabester
WAH! which sg, which brand, which model! (and/or what about the new epi firebird?) http://epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=264&CollectionID=3

You seem to be unsure what you want mate.
If I were you, take your self down to your nearest, well stocked guitar shop and have a butchers at everything you can afford (and a bit more) that catches your eye.
Find one you really like, buy it.
Quote by TedZilla
You seem to be unsure what you want mate.
If I were you, take your self down to your nearest, well stocked guitar shop and have a butchers at everything you can afford (and a bit more) that catches your eye.
Find one you really like, buy it.

tahts the problem 2 hours away from guitar center. my local shop only sells fenders and ibanez (literally)
I've got the Epiphone G-400 Custom, its a decent guitar for the price, I like it. It has more of a les paul tone than an SG tone though, so be aware of that.
WAH! which sg, which brand, which model!

After I put a Duncan JB and Jazz in my G-400 I'd rather play it than my Gibson Faded SG with Classic 57's.
Quote by yorkshireterror
I've got the Epiphone G-400 Custom, its a decent guitar for the price, I like it. It has more of a les paul tone than an SG tone though, so be aware of that.

whats the dif betweeb lp and sg, isnt the sg brighter, the lp richer?
well i guess youd better take a little road trip then, because you shouldnt buy a guitar without at least trying a model simmilar to to what you buy first. (you really shouldt buy one without trying the exact guitar but with such good deals available on the net that doesnt always work out.)
the reason i posted this is cos the lp std plain top allegedly sux some major balls, does it really?
make? model? there are several varitions of plain top LPs and by plain top do you mean flat top as oppesed to arch top or are you referring to the finnish?
Quote by Arlabester
tahts the problem 2 hours away from guitar center. my local shop only sells fenders and ibanez (literally)

2 Hours drive/bus/train/walk/cycle or throwing 400 notes down the drain?

You've got to weigh it up mate, whether or not you really want to risk your hard earned cash just cause you couldn't make a couple hour trip.
Quote by Arlabester
whats the dif betweeb lp and sg, isnt the sg brighter, the lp richer?

yeah basically, Les Pauls have a heavier, darker tone, while an SG has a brighter tone. im not sure about the Epi plain top, i havent heard anything about it being a POS, Xenn99 used to preach them to everyone looking for this kind of guitar. i would probably get the SG though, ive played a few Epi LPs and i havent been impressed with most of them. the G-400s are supposed to be pretty nice though, ive heard a lot of good things about them. anyway, i think now is when you should go try them both and see for yourself. take a little road trip if you have to, 2 hours will be worth getting the right guitar, you dont want to settle for something less than what you want just kuz the shop's farther away.

Quote by richwatkinson
The appeal of a fat strat to me, Is the Neck single coil. I dont even use the middle. And the bridge humbucker. Because I always find myself coil tapping the neck humbucker on my C1+ for clean sounds. ALWAYS.
And ALWAYS using my bridge JB for distortion.

But the coil tapped tone just isnt the same as a real neck fender pickup. So I'd replace the stock fender humbucker with a Evo, and I'd be happy. It's got better access then an LP tooo.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
yeah basically, Les Pauls have a heavier, darker tone, while an SG has a brighter tone. im not sure about the Epi plain top, i havent heard anything about it being a POS, Xenn99 used to preach them to everyone looking for this kind of guitar. i would probably get the SG though, ive played a few Epi LPs and i havent been impressed with most of them. the G-400s are supposed to be pretty nice though, ive heard a lot of good things about them. anyway, i think now is when you should go try them both and see for yourself. take a little road trip if you have to, 2 hours will be worth getting the right guitar, you dont want to settle for something less than what you want just kuz the shop's farther away.

awww shiznit lol, im so ****ing retarded ill have the money in 13 days, and lol, ill be going to the place to buy the guitar... to try them out... at guitar center.... holy ****, i cant be more stupid than this
Quote by Arlabester
awww shiznit lol, im so ****ing retarded ill have the money in 13 days, and lol, ill be going to the place to buy the guitar... to try them out... at guitar center.... holy ****, i cant be more stupid than this

Quote by richwatkinson