Hey. What are some good songs for the guitar to learn while your bored? Something that has riffs and stuff, not only chords and powerchords. I want songs that are fun to play, but arent extremely hard. Maybe some stuff that I can learn and then when I go into Guitar Center to play and it can be somewhat impressive, or at least sound cool.

I will list a few good ones that I know and I play when I dont know what else to play, and when I go into the guitar stores.

1. Guns N Roses- Sweet Child O Mine (Its a classic. Turn up the Marshall JCM800 and play it. Sometimes someone in the Fender section might start jamming on it while your playing).
2. Ozzy- Crazy Train (Get a nice high gain amp and turn it up. Has a bunch of cool riffs and is fun to add all kinds of harmonics everywhere).
3. Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child (Nice bluesy, fun, soloing song. Grab a nice Strat and a Marshall Plexi or Fender amp and play it, and make it your own).
4. Jimi Hendrix- Little Wing (Shows off your ability to solo inside a barre-chord while you can still hear the chord still rings).
5. Van Halen- Aint Talkin Bout Love (Awsome riffs. Cool song. Mildly easy but sounds great. Again, plug into a high gain Marshall and rip).
I'd suggest not playing all these generic songs in a guitar store. Try playing something unique that the guitar store employees don't already hear ten times a day.

Still, I'm glad you didn't say Stairway to Heaven
anything by maiden, for some reason whenever I go to the guitar store the employees are alway impressed with it.
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Try Brothers in Arms by Mark Knoffler - tht song is always cool because it has a bunch of 10 second solos tht are extremely easy to play and they pack a punch
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Fear of the Dark is an awesome maiden song to learn - get the one tht is live tho cuz it has alot more guitar parts in it than the studio version
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
2 Minutes to Midnight
and
The Trooper

Those are my favorite Maiden songs to play.
^ Wasted Years great guitar store riff, The Trooper also.

Try Jeff Beck - Cause We've Ended As Lovers, great solo song thats not to fast but full of taste and feel.
Quote by The Unforgaven
Fear of the Dark is an awesome maiden song to learn - get the one tht is live tho cuz it has alot more guitar parts in it than the studio version

Haha that was the first song I looked at the tab for.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Whats a good Maiden song to learn?
Powerslave and Aces High
Cowboys from Hell is fun. Pretty simple main part, the solo is shred tacular though.
Triple Corpse Hammerblow by Children of Bodom.
It's got a fairly stupid sounding name, but its really kick ass, especially the first solo.
Quote by JamesKid3
crawl away, nutshell, over now, spoonman...

EDIT: not crawl away. i mean "bottom"

and if you can put a spoon in your mouth and fret the notes while you play spoon man, people will be wierded out and impressed at the same time
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
1) The Unforgiven

When I was bored I learned it start to finish, was awesome. Not difficult at all but sounds incredible, especially if you play around and try to interlink the acoustic parts with the lead/electric so you can play the whole thing (even try fingerstyle and weave in the lyrical parts on the strings)

2) The Wall - Pink Floyd

Start with the first track and learn your way through the album. If that doesn't re-pique your interest nothing will.

Just my personal input...
Captain Relapse has done it again...
Been diggin Moth into Flame by Metallica lately the entire song is a challenge but at the very least learn the main riffs and I'm sure you will look cool in the guitar stores LOL, or then again maybe not.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Old thread, y'all. Ooooold thread.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!