I am still searching for "the tone" if you get what I'm saying.

I have a 57 classic in the neck of my elitist les paul (epi) and a jb in the bridge.

I think it sounds great but I'm still looking for "that" tone.

I want a pickup with a crispy distortion in the bridge. Basically I want an eddie van halen tone.

Then in the neck I want a smooth velvety pickup for a Sweet child o mine tone.

I was looking at the alnico pro for the neck. I am pretty sure on that. The 57 classic is just a little harsh on the high notes and I want it to be smoother.

The JB has a nice crisp but it's a little thin on the high notes. It has just a tad too much treble. I want the crisp but not the thinness.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Try an Alinco II Humbuck by Seymor Duncan in the neck - tht is what slash uses for the smoother GnR songs
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
bareknuckle VHII for bridge
bareknuckle stormy monday for the neck

but i would wait for dave to come and give his suggestion
^Eh, i'm a swineshead man through and through. Try out an xbucker and a warthog in the neck. I'm sure dave will tell you more on the warthog, he has one himself.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
id say seymor duncan for sure man they have that crisp tone or after
cant beat bare knuckles
i agree with the vh2 in the bridge. tie between stormy monday or mule in the neck-cant go wrong with either. i dont really reccomend any alnico II pup in a lp neck, it can get muddy as ****.
Wait everyone.....

Threadstarter, what amp do you have? That's gonna' alter the tone a lot more than pickups...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^He's not looking for EMG's...

And I really, really hope that you play all them Gibsons into your Carvin, and not... urgh...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i wouldve gone with the bareknuckle mule in the neck then either emerald or vh2 in the bridge
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon