I was restringing my SG and now I am really confused which way my bridge goes.
Does it go this way?

OR this way

In other words...do the screw things face up toward the pickups or down towards the tailpiece? Please help me figure out the situation!!!
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
I strung em with the screws facing the pickups, usually. Im not sure if it matters though.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
top picture is right handed, second picture is left handed.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Really? Huh. That seems like a silly difference. Cause mine is tilted like the first, but flipped like the second.
looking at the picture again. The second pic is the wrong way. screw heads should face the pickup. Either that or they're just cheap to fit lefty SG with righty bridges.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^Hes right.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Huh...Better go change mine around. Screws used to face the pickup, then I accidentally put them on wrong, once...and never changed it back. Haha.
thanks for the Help guys!!!
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
So how do I adjust the screws if they are facing the pickups?
Stick a screw driver in there after you have slackened of the strings a little.
Dont forget to turn the screw driver aswel.
It doesn't matter which way the bridge if facing as long as your intonation is set properly.

I often have to flip the bridge around (screws facing the tailpiece) and flip the saddle around (flat side facing neck) in order to get proper intonation. See the link to my LP intonation mod in my sig for details.
I too have never heard that this should matter one tiny smidgeon of a bit. However, all the precious effort is lost if it's been adjusted and intonated and then flipped during a string change, so try to keep track of it before you change your strings. If intonation doesn't matter to you big time I'd just put the strings on again and check if it intonates properly. If it doesn't then you probably put the bridge on the wrong way, and if it does then all's well.
Well, I figure I'll mention this here just in case no one looks at my thread. The only thing you have to look out for when you have the intonation screws facing the tail piece is string clearance. You might have to raise the tailpiece or wrap your strings over the rear end of the tail piece in order to clear the intonation screws. Proper intonation is more important than having extreme break angles at the bridge anyway.
Quote by RHCP=w=
I was restringing my SG and now I am really confused which way my bridge goes.

Just look at the slots in the saddles. The wide, deep slots are for the wound strings.

Put it back the same way it came out.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.