My grandpa had a guitar made by a company called Sakura. I wanted to learn what I could about the guitar, naturally I checked Google and Wikipedia, neither brought up any results. From what I know it was bought in this city (in B.C.) in the 70's. Does anyone know if this company still exist or what time they started or, if they went out of business, what time they did so?

"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Uhh... no, he's been dead for nine years. I thought I implied that he's dead when I said he had the guitar and I posted pics of it taken earlier today.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I'm pretty Sakura is a knock-off brand company. The acoustic guitar obviously was trying to imitate Gibson's Dove or Mockingbird

How does it sound?
blimey its beautiful.
but yeah, I agree with khoifish, probably just an imitation. but if you like the sound and everything in order then you might aswell keep it. Although I think that you should keep it anyway as an heirloom.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

It's not actually mine. It belongs to my cousin who lives in Ontairio, so it now resides at my aunt and uncle's house. If they got rid of it I'd slap them.

It may be an imitation of a Gibson, as it has similiar inlay, head and pickguard. The bridge on it is not like anything ever seen though and it has a strip dividing the first ret from the head, which I've never seen on another guitar.
Quote by ufossuck
and it has a strip dividing the first ret from the head, which I've never seen on another guitar.

You mean a zero fret?

They are very common on 60's and 70's guitars.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.