I broke my pinky finger on my fret hand a year and a half ago but i still feel the effects when i play guitar. I have some trouble playing scales and even chord progressions especially if i think about it. It seems to have got crooked after the fact. When I bend it to fret it automatically wants to move inward. This is not a big problems but seems more of a nuisance as I progress as a guitarist. Have any of yall had any similar problems and if so how did you go about fixing it. Thanks
ya i cut my finger awhile ago and needed stitches but a couple months later it still bugs me
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I don't have as much cartilage as I should on the last knuckle of my left pinky, which pretty much makes it useless for anything other than chords. S'a bitch, but one works through it.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
here is an idea that is 100% sure to work, although as a human being i do not recommend it! re-break your finger and set it straight, or in the direction that best fits your personality; there, problem solved! i would try strething and warming up as mentioned by Kirby^, if that dont help, then try maybe tilting and moving your hand a little bit more instead of your finger itself.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I shattered my fret hand in 17 places last year - it's now fine except for the finger next to my thumb which constantly feels stiff and reacts a little slower than the other fingers - lead is a bitch - chords are fine. To go about fixing it I swapped from being lead to ryhthym and vocals :-p

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.