like any guitarist i love to rock out and strum very heavy to my favorite song once in a while, whether its playing in front of people or just getting caught in the moment. but everytime i do it my sixth string always manages to slip out of the nut. i have a contemporary fender stratocaster. i love my guitar and it is my first, and currently only electric. i would never sell it, becuase its my first guitar it has so much sentimental value. so does this happen to any1 else? can i fix it or do i have to live with it?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
hm thats weird....well i would say turn the knob clockwise and then it wont slip out anymore. but then it would be outta tune.
Maybe replace your nut?? lol
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i would try to first see how deep the grooves in your nut are, if the 6th string groove is a lot shallower than the others, then i suggest taking it in to a shop to get a new one put on or have it re-drilled i guess. if not, just try lowering your action a bit.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I would say that the strings are too big for your nut, file it a bit and and make it deeper so it fits snugly.
Hm.
This happens to me once in a while, but it pops off on the bridge. Ive got a tuneomatic string through. Dunno, I just make due.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
Hm.
This happens to me once in a while, but it pops off on the bridge. Ive got a tuneomatic string through. Dunno, I just make due.

maybe your strumming to hard but ive never heard of that happening before that before.