Which is better a Stomp box or a Multi-effect pedal? I like more classic rock and I can't decide whether to go with the cheaper stomp boxes or the more expensive multi-effect pedals.

I understand that if you buy the Multi-effect pedal then you won't have to buy more then one stomp box but in the long run is it worth it?

If you have any suggestions just shout them out. Thanx
DYI
Depends on which you're planning on getting. What's your budget and what type of effect are you planning on getting?
unless your talking about rack multi effects, stompboxes generally have a better tone. i find that analog effects often sound better than digital ones (except super hi end ones)
Quote by freedumb
unless your talking about rack multi effects, stompboxes generally have a better tone. i find that analog effects often sound better than digital ones (except super hi end ones)

I'm not sure what rack multi effects are?
DYI
^^^^ you wont be able to afford rack effects; Singkle stomboxes almost always have better tone, but you can play around with different sounds with multifx's although they will have worse tone. In the long run its better to invest in good single effects.
Quote by Connorcore
Depends on which you're planning on getting. What's your budget and what type of effect are you planning on getting?

You sigged me!

Wah? Vox V848 or Crybaby 535Q, unless you want to shell out for a teese wah.

edit: multieffects are not ever worth it in the long run. The only good thing they do is give you a feel for what an effect sounds like- so if you don't know what you want and have some extra cash, get a POD, figure out which effects you like, and then get the single effects units the POD emulates. They will sound much better, and you'll have saved a lot of time wondering which effects you might be missing.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jul 16, 2006,