Before you people rape me with the "Use the search option, dip****!", let me clarify that I searched twice and couldn't find any matches.

Ok, I have alot of salt and junk in my sweat and my fingers sweat a good bit when I'm playing, and I was wondering if I could put some Fender Stainless Flatwound strings on my acoustic. I've only seen them advertised as electric strings, but they seem stout enough to be suitable for use on my acoustic. I figured that since you people usually know what you're talking about, that I'd come to you guys and ask. Could I do it? Are there anyother stainless steel strings that I could use? Any help is appreciated.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
They are the string of choice on hollowbodies (jazz box...holllow electric guitar), and it what I use when I'm playing jazz. They certainly wouldn't hurt anything, but I would tend to think the tone would not be anywhere near as good as the phosphor bronze strings that most people use for acoustic.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by roamingbard13
They are the string of choice on hollowbodies, and it what I use when I'm playing jazz. They certainly wouldn't hurt anything, but I would tend to think the tone would not be anywhere near as good as the phosphor bronze strings that most people use for acoustic.

I'm currently using martin medium phosphor bronze strings. I usually use elixir lights but I didnt have 25 dollars to spend. I think they sound good on the acoustic but they dont hide my mistakes as well for some reason. but yeah the fender flatwound ones should be fine.
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Ok, thanks, I was just wanting to know before I did something to screw up my guitar, it's cheap, but it was a gift, so I don't want to screw any more than it already is.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.