So, after about five years of the same electric that was about $200 with the amp and case and everything a beginner needs I'm finally getting a new guitar. I mostly play classic rock and modern rock with some blues and many other things tossed in there. After I convince my parents I'm getting a new guitar and try to get them to help pay for some of it I'm going to go to Sam Ash or Guitar Center to see if they have a this guitar or a similar one near that price range.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the strat? Maybe a suggestion of a guitar more suited for me? Please post them. This is the first time I'm buying a new guitar, aside from the time I was obsessed with a Flying V and got that but that's another story.

So any suggestions are welcome and thanks to those who help in advance .
Well, if you're really into rock you should get a guitar with at least one humbucker. If you like the strat look, you should get a standard fat strat. It costs about $450. It's is basically a regular stratocaster but it has a humbucker at the bridge. It's one of the most versatile guitars and this is good for you since you like many styles of music.

IMO, the 60's strat is just a standard strat with some cosmetic changes. I would jsut get a standard Strat and save around $250. Then you can use the moeny to get a new amp or upgrade your Strat.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Classic rock? In that case, I'd say go with an Epi Les Paul Standard and a Vox Valvetronix. Good, cheap rig.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
Classic rock? In that case, I'd say go with an Epi Les Paul Standard and a Vox Valvetronix. Good, cheap rig.

That's the exact rig I have and yes I think you can get good sounds from it. However a Standard HSS Fat strat like someone above me mentioned with a vox valvatronix would probably be a better idea. Just what I think.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
If he's looking to save money, then go with the Strat. But if he doesn't mind buying off-brands, I'd say he should go with an Agile.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Really? I'm thinking a swampkaster t, off of aampselectricguitarstore.com. Get bruce to set you up with a black one, with 3 l250t's, and a maple neck. Then put in a yummy, 3ply black pickguard to complete the look. All for a low, low price, of 489
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Hm. . .I'll have to write these down and try them out at Sam Ash. I also want a tremelo system so I'm kind of sketchy with the LP. By the way, my absolute max price is around $700. That is when my bank account will be empty.
Classic, Modern rock and the blues.

Fat Stratocastor for sure.

You still get the single coil tone for the classic, but you need the humbucker for modern.
You may need a single or a humbucker for blues. I dont know, Im into metal.