wats the correct way to strap on a strap on the guitar?? i have a generic ernieball guitar strap and both sides r different. one side has a adjust roller on it as the other side is just flat... i've seen some pictures of guitarists its like 50% use it this and the other 50% use it the other way.
Never really thought about it, I use it with the roller on top, use it however it feels comfortable, it's not like your guitar's gonna explode because you put the strap on wrong.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
its really up to u mate..try both and see wat u like.best bit of advice i can give is for u to get some locks for ur strap..go to ur local shop and ask about them...first day i got my first real guitar the strap came loose and it put a dent in my baby i almost cried....its something no guitarist should have to go through
i have the roller thing on the bottom end of mine. this way that plastic thing doesnt come into contact with my shoulder. i used to have my other strap with the roller near the neck end of the strap and it would always piss me off. whichever way is most comfortable for you is the way you should do it, or the way that looks better of course.
Not to be mean but You already knew the answer.50/50. I play mine at the sholder, because its easier to get to(for me).Also(i found this out a coupe minuts ago)when wearing headphones with a volume box...You can slip[ the heads through the hole the roller makes with the folded fabric and then tighten it to hold to volume box!! I thought I was stupid...Helps me.Any-who, go with what ever you feel most comfy with, it dont matter.
Quote by jof1029
i have the roller thing on the bottom end of mine. this way that plastic thing doesnt come into contact with my shoulder. i used to have my other strap with the roller near the neck end of the strap and it would always piss me off. whichever way is most comfortable for you is the way you should do it, or the way that looks better of course.

yep im with this guy i use the roller near the bottom since on the neck does get uncomfortable
yah i saw 50/50 wore this way and that way but i just wanted to leave a question bout it... like y do they wearit this way that way.. and that wasnt' mean
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Never really thought about it, I use it with the roller on top, use it however it feels comfortable, it's not like your guitar's gonna explode because you put the strap on wrong.

you never know..

i tried it once, i got a broken arm and 3rd degree burns on my crotch.
...just do what everyone else does and youll be fine.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just do whats more comfortable to YOU.

[edit] 500th post
I usually have the adjuster end on the top horn... But my strap on my strat has the logo on the adjuster end.. and i always have to have the logo (if there is one) on the bottom horn... so i have to do it upside down this time...

I have mine at the top just because I figured that was the way they were meant to go on. I never really put much more thought into it besides that and since it doesn't get in my way I had no reason to try it the other way. But yeah, whatever turns your crank man.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay