Over the course of about two weeks, I have been reading up on a new artist series pedal by Digitech, similar to the Jimi Hendrix Experience one. This time, it is a pedal about Brian May, and people claim that it can produce several of Brian's tones that he has achieved over the years with Queen, although I am not exactly sure about which effects it is talking about. I have been lead to believe that it just came out about a week or so, and is currently stocked in some stores for around $200.00 American, so it is a very new pedal. This has really sparked an interest in me, since I would love to re-create the memorable tone of the Red Special, which brings me to my point: If anyone here has been able to get a hold of one and played it, did it produce a significantly different, or at least, a very desireable sound similar to Brian's? If someone could answer this for me, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

p.s., if someone can answer this, does the pedal come with a wah effect as well?

Edit: Also, if it is possible to answer, will the effects work with all range of guitars and amps?
Last edited by The Arch-Mage at Jul 14, 2006,
^ i have it at work...I havnt had time to sit down and mess with it though. But, from the other Digitech Signiture pedals (both stompboxes and wahs) I can guess that it will probably cost WAY more than its worth. But if you have about $200 bucks layin around and REALLY want to at least try to get his tone...then go for it.
Theres a video for it on Digitech's website if you search around. I watched it. Dont remember how it sounded though. If you like his tone, then find it so you can try it. I still dont see what people are talking about his tone. I dont think his tone is that special but thats me.
If the hendrix and clapton pedals are any indication, this will be another digital piece of crap that only barely simulates the tone it's supposed to. However, if you love his tone and can't afford an AC30 and a treble booster, this is probably the closest you'll get for the price. And I have to say I love his tone.
^That's what I thought... "I bet that's just crap, I love the finish though!"
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Roc8995
If the hendrix and clapton pedals are any indication, this will be another digital piece of crap that only barely simulates the tone it's supposed to. However, if you love his tone and can't afford an AC30 and a treble booster, this is probably the closest you'll get for the price. And I have to say I love his tone.

The company is called Digitech isn't it?
Really? Digitech pedals are not very high quality? I wouldn't know, as I am still new in the world of guitar effects. However, I did try a Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal, and I found it to be not bad. So, might I ask, what makes these artist series pedals so incredibly terrible?

Thanks to you people for responding, by the way.
a lot of people dont like digital modeling pedals, i personally dont mind them, but you usually have to add a good bit of reverb to make them not sound completely lifeless. at least thats what i did for my metal master (which made it sound great).
Quote by Refixer
The company is called Digitech isn't it?

The WH-1 is an exception though
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Im not a big Digitech fan. Fine for home use but I'd NEVER, EVER use any of there stuff live. It just sounds to Digital and a little toneless.