yes, you dont need to route your body for the bridge you will be ending up with dings bending up on the trem rather if you were to route out the whole section for the bridge.
Can it pull up and down, how much routing is needed? Can i just file the nut part instead of routing it etc.
only routing needed for that was the nut itself. and it can pull up but like said would you like dings on your body thats why most floyds installed like that are sitting right on top of the body so its impossible to pull up. and your going to be drilling the body as well.
I have no idea what a Floyd Rose is, but that Stratocaster looks hot. Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask your local Guitar Shop to install it for you?
Quote by R.Stratocaster
I have no idea what a Floyd Rose is, but that Stratocaster looks hot. Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask your local Guitar Shop to install it for you?

yes but pay a hefty price and if the shop isnt that reputable then expect a crap job really.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yes but pay a hefty price and if the shop isnt that reputable then expect a crap job really.

Yes, but I'd rather pay that hefty price than screw up my Stratocaster. Anyway, I still don't know what that Floyd Rose does?
if you know what to do and have a steady hand and can build simple jigs then its real easy. also floyd rose bridges can make you do heavy divebombs and bend strings up in pitch without going out of tune ( though depends on make of bridge also if your strings are fully stretched) if you wanna listen to them being used listen to some pantera
Yea that doesn't really work that well. You won't get full sweep with the trem, it will ding the body up. I think routing the body for it is the best bet. Even if it costs money, unless you know how to yourself. It's not hard.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust