I was looking for things that could give me that sound of bands like Bowling For Soup or Relient K just that happy maybe overdrive sound but not a really distorted sound I don't think. After reading some of this stuff I think that a lot of it could have to do with amps and more specifically tube amps I think but I'm sure a pedal could be thrown in there somewhere as well. If anyone knows how to get that kind of sound whether it be from an amp (preferably under $750) or a pedal (preferably under $150) then please post it. thank you.
Is that a tube? I tried to find it on Musicianfriend and music123 but they didn't seem to have it. How much would a brand new one cost?
Quote by Amped
Is that a tube? I tried to find it on Musicianfriend and music123 but they didn't seem to have it. How much would a brand new one cost?

JCM 900's are discontinued, you have to search for a used one. And yes, they're tube amps.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

My Peavey Classic 50 is for sale, and I can do 500 shipped. It does punk music very well. It is in mint condition. Lemme know.
^^ haha agreed. Choosing a B52 over a JCM would be a very stupid thing to do. However if you dont have the cash apparently the B52's arent bad for their price.