I'm getting quite a bit of fret buzz on the first 4 frets.

I was going to adjust the truss rod but I can't find an allen key that will fit. I can get a key that will fit in the rod, but it's to big to get in the recess were the rod is.

Here's an example if it helps at all:
It's easier to get to the truss rod from the headstock end

your diagram appears to be saying your trying to get to the rod from the body end (if thats just the way your bass is set up then ignore this)

here you can see the truss rod in between string 2 and 3 where it is easy to access
Last edited by doive at Jul 14, 2006,
buy a new key if that dont apply! ^^
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
sometimes the truss rod acces on the headstock is covered up by a small plastic plate. just remove the plate and you can acces it easily.

if there's absolutely no way to adjust it from the headstock, just take an ironsaw and shorten your allen key
with some guitars you have to actually un-screw the neck off of the guitar and then adjust the trussrod
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"
Quote by Ockeroid
I'm getting quite a bit of fret buzz on the first 4 frets.

I was going to adjust the truss rod but I can't find an allen key that will fit. I can get a key that will fit in the rod, but it's to big to get in the recess were the rod is.

Here's an example if it helps at all:

Grind it down!
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Local music shops sell shortened allen wrenches for this. American made fenders are made like this, so its a pretty common item.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Yea i think your best bet is either to shorten the wrench or take it to a music shop and have them do it for you