^yea, but they dont feel like strats at all
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Charvel Superstrats. Just search on eBay for Charvel. They were extremely popular in the 80's. Very hair metal. I think that Fender Japan also did a contemporary strat for a short time that was geared towards metal.
You could buy a strat and put more metalified pickups in it.
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
i have a marshall tube amp....not a stack or anything, but it does the job.

price?? between 450-1300 american (pretty wide, i know, but if it is worth saving, why the hell not??) thanks a bunch guys.
have you tried going to a music store and trying out guitars. cos i doubt you will be able to find a metal guitar with a feel of a fender.
buy a strat and put in a hotrail or buy a fat strat and put in a seymor duncan....strats are so versitile dude they can play anything
Quote by freemo
buy a strat and put in a hotrail or buy a fat strat and put in a seymor duncan....strats are so versitile dude they can play anything

i know.....but i need the metal image of metal. it is frowned upon to play blakc metal on a stratocaster
Like one said before, a charvel strat from the 80s....
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Why does image matter? If it sounds good and plays well, who cares what other people think of it. It's not the way it looks that matters, it's how it plays and sounds.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Look for a used 80s Fender HM Strat. It's a strat, feels like a strat, but doesn't look or sound like one. They were made in Japan, and were kickass guitars.

They come in many colors, not just this crappy green. They also had models with maple fingerboards and different pickup configurations, but all had at least a humbucker in the bridge, and a Kahler Spyder bridge,

Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ Greg howe played them.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by pullmeunder
Why does image matter? If it sounds good and plays well, who cares what other people think of it. It's not the way it looks that matters, it's how it plays and sounds.

this point is not worth arguing since it was given that image is important.
Think how wierd Kirk Hammett looked in the "One" video, headbangin with a strat, and that was thrash, I can't imagine much better playing black metal on one.

You could always cover it in the blood of sacrificed virgins, that would knock it's black metal points up a bit.
I say Jackson Soloist
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
id say get just get a black double fat strat and put some reallu hot pups in it, if it isnt black metal enough for you spray paint a baphomet on it or something.
Why not get it in all black? You could get a black one with a black pickguard. That would look pretty metal.