my buddy was telling me about how some obscure band sued greenday for copying a few of their songs and greenday lost most of their money, i searched unsuccessfully to find an article on this, i guess this happened a while ago and it interested me, can anyone fill me in on what happened?
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
I'm pretty sure your buddy is talking out his ass. I could be wrong but....I've never heard about it.
Celtic FootballClub1888
I'm sure if that happened to a big band like Green Day, everybody whould have atleast heard it....Your buddy may be full of ****...
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Or.... No.... My posts were deleted!

Ok, in an effort to avoid the same fate, I decided to do a bit of digging. My conclusive studies and research told me that:

" While Green Day maintain their fine form, they haven't been able to avoid some of the problems that go with fame. They are now facing a lawsuit from an obscure Cambridge, England band, Other Garden, who claim that Green Day stole their title track on Warning from Other Garden's '97 song "Never Got the Chance." "

Well you must have searched really hard for that. Not. I just Googled "Green Day Lawsuit".

EDIT: And apparently they had some legal issues from The Kinks as well
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jul 16, 2006,
^ 'Picture book' by the Kinks right?
Such a blatant rip off by Green Day on that one.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Yakult
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Or.... No.... My posts were deleted!

Ok, in an effort to avoid the same fate, I decided to do a bit of digging. My conclusive studies and research told me that:

" While Green Day maintain their fine form, they haven't been able to avoid some of the problems that go with fame. They are now facing a lawsuit from an obscure Cambridge, England band, Other Garden, who claim that Green Day stole their title track on Warning from Other Garden's '97 song "Never Got the Chance." "

Well you must have searched really hard for that. Not. I just Googled "Green Day Lawsuit".

EDIT: And apparently they had some legal issues from The Kinks as well

thanks, ya i found that article smartass but it wasn't very indepth and didn't give the outcome of the case.
Quote by Vedder
thanks, ya i found that article smartass but it wasn't very indepth and didn't give the outcome of the case.

That's the help you get for taking the time to give a thoughtful response

(let's forget about all the deleted unhelpful posts )
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
an obscure band england said that warning was a rippoff of one of their songs. they were a really really small band, its very unlikely that green days ever even heard them. they didnt win the lawsuit, if they did follow through with it.

by the way, did you see that bad religion album "atomic garden"? its rare, and a single i think, and it looks EXACTLY like the dookie cover.

heres the bad religion one (2 years before dookie)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolforever/badreligion_atomicgarden_45ps.jpg

heres dookie
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000002MP2.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

lol.
Yeah, those two really aren't that similar...
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by lifewontwait834
an obscure band england said that warning was a rippoff of one of their songs. they were a really really small band, its very unlikely that green days ever even heard them. they didnt win the lawsuit, if they did follow through with it.

by the way, did you see that bad religion album "atomic garden"? its rare, and a single i think, and it looks EXACTLY like the dookie cover.

heres the bad religion one (2 years before dookie)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolforever/badreligion_atomicgarden_45ps.jpg

heres dookie
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000002MP2.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

lol.

thank you friend, ya i see some similarities there.
The only similar thing is they're both overly populated album covers and they each have an explosion.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I see Green Day stealing songs. Like Boulevard of Broken Dreams apparently is a rip from a White Snake song...(thanks Kieran for that)
Since GD is a popular band, alot of artists take their style from GD, and cover some of their songs. Like Avril Lavinge covered one of their songs (which I forget so yeah)..and ruined it
Quote by HelpMeImHungry

I broke my g string while fingering A minor