hi everyone. i was just wondering how people felt about the pumpkins reuniting( somewhat). Do you think it's a good decision. Will it be a disaster? i'm not sure so i think that people who know the pumpkins and billy a little better than me could make a more accurate educated guess.

and just to let you know i'm knot a pumpkin newbie. i own five of their albums and have listened to them a million times. i have also read stuff on them too. i just put this up becuase i know there are more educated people out their that know much more than me
i think it was just corgan blowing it out his ass again. i haven't heard anything about it for months, and we're halfway through july now, so any kind of summer tour would be shot now anyways. I think I also read somewhere that Iha and Darcy said that they weren't doing it, so if it happens at all it's not even going to really be Smashing Pumpkins.
see i heard recently that they were workin on ****... i dono i doubt it will be as good as ol pumpkins records though they're real classics
well i've read the news and saw darc'y was out and i don't have a clue about iha. and you're correct they won't make atour in the summer cause they're trying straighten everything first. corgan probably won't be touring tillate late fall/ winter or maybe 07. it all depends on how much they've wrote or if they decide to just do old stuff now
i hope they get back together
but only the original line up
james is an amazing guitarist
i hope they play more of their early type-esque stuff
im not a fan of that techno stuff they have now....
BILLY CORGAN ROCKS!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Fruscianteac
see i heard recently that they were workin on ****... i dono i doubt it will be as good as ol pumpkins records though they're real classics

that will be a question that will always be thrown in our face when bands decide to come back years later
What a coincidence, I'm wearing my SP shirt right now..

I think that the new record would fall short of Pumpkins standards. I just think that without James or D'arcy, it wouldn't be the same. I have mixed feelings about this. I dont want Smashing Pumpkins to become washed up has-beens like the Rolling Stones. On the other hand, I've always wanted to see them live before I die.

I just doubt it would work. Billy has really gone down in songwriting quality, and has risen in ego. I would definitely like to see the Pumpkins tour again, but I definitely wouldn't want them to burn out their legacy. Hmm..
Wade in the water, child.
Last edited by AWA at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by AWA
What a coincidence, I'm wearing my SP shirt right now..

I think that the new record would fall short of Pumpkins standards. I just think that without James or D'arcy, it wouldn't be the same.

Didn't Billy and Jimmy write most of Siemese Dream without James and Darcy?
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Didn't Billy and Jimmy write most of Siemese Dream without James and Darcy?

Yes, but James helped Billy write some of SPs best songs, and you can't tell me that SP wasn't affected when D'arcy left. To me, Smashing Pumpkins is Billy, Jimmy, D'arcy, and James.
Wade in the water, child.
well i'm open to it, i wont judge the new smashing pumpkins until i actually hear them....

but i am pretty excited, the smashing pumpkins are one of those bands that i've always felt i need to see before i die, so here's my opportunity.....
corgan is such an egotistical asshole that it took him a while to realize he needed the pumpkins to be a vehicle for his career

especially after that atrocious solo album of his

it won't be the same, kinda reliving the glory days, but they'd be fun to see live, really good band