What are some good 6/12 double neck guitars? Just wondering. Also, anyone know of any good custom guitar sites that make guitars similar to those of Carl Thompson?(ctbasses.com) He makes mainly basses but guitars too. I dont want to rip off his style but I want one similar to it because hes going to retire soon
the only one i can think of that is relative easy to get ahold of is the epi SG. ive never played one, nor have i seen one, but that would be my first choice for a double necker.
I saw one of those double necked SG's at my local music store. They had it in a glass case so I didn't bother playing it, but that would probably be my first choice.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
the double necked epis are pretty poor quality, if you like that style get the gibson, its like 4 times as much but its worth it. Of course IMO double necks are really more of a novelty item and dont have a lot of practical uses.
I should have mentioned no epi sgs....

EDIT: Anyone know of any custom guitar sites or things like that that do a little more different than the strat style or les paul style? I feel like something different for a change... Like I said I like Carl Thompson's style (Especially the $10 million bass)

EDIT OF THE EDIT: Oh and come on bishes lets keep em comin
Last edited by Martha Stewart at Jul 14, 2006,
You mean like this one?

Didn't Carl only make on double neck? You'd have to get it custom built though I would guess, as I've never seen any double necks like that.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Yeah I was just saying that I like his style of guitars and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything the slightest bit similar to it or some site I could get a custom guitar that looks different than most styles of guitars out there. Im saying that because Carl Thompson's guitars usually are pretty expensive...
Our store has a Ibanez SZ double neck. Its a 6/12, but I'm not a big fan of double necked guitars, dont see the point.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I just like the sound of 12 strings and the thought of the ability to switch between the two quickly...anyway here are some designs I like

(My favorites are the last two)

I like the idea of how Carl Thompson wont make the same instrument hes already made again for someone else. I want something unique... I want a guitar that I can call mine. Not as in just owning one but as in, you know, haha you cant have it they wont make the same one again hahah you suck pwnzors. Hasnt anyone else wanted something like that? (Dont get off topic now)

Oh and I dont care if you think they are ugly guitars because that doesnt really matter to me >.>
Last edited by Martha Stewart at Jul 14, 2006,
Why don't you just have one made for you. I suggest a double necked Firebird (lol).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Why don't you just have one made for you. I suggest a double necked Firebird (lol).

that would be pretty badass

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I forget wat it's called. The one Jimmy Page uses.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
check this out

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-G1275-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=519395

its the Jimmy Page one that u covered earlier but its limited edition. it has a solid mahogany body instead of the crap wood the regular Epi doubleneck uses. it seems a lot better. plus it has that sexy alpine white finish :P
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
theres a double neck tele. and there double neck hamers
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic