Hey everyone, this is another song I have.

It's pretty short but has a nice, simple feel or mood. It has this simple proggression throughout the song, but that was the main idea I had. There is a little violin solo thing, and of course, a guitar solo. All with strings, distorted guitars, bass, and drums.

Any and all comments are welcomed.

Here you go, and as always, ENJOY!
Attachments:
Chris's Symphony thing 2.zip
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Wow that was great the violin and the guitar parts were amazing
The only thing I didn?t like was the large amount of cymbals during the fast sections sounded odd with the violin.

Could you check out my song https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393337
hey man that was pretty good. short for symphonic rock, but it was still a very nice arrangment. if you have a band you should do that song, it's got something to it.
Ah-maz-ing - I could'nt find anything wrong in it! How'd you make the guitar soung like that, during the intro and outro? And please give me a lesson on how to add percussion in GP5!
edit: how old are you?
Last edited by siddyjain at Jul 16, 2006,
Thanks matx33. I am in a band but it's more hardcore/metal than this song. Although I would love to record it with a full band someday.

Oh and siddyjain, I could teach you, I think, just ask me whatever you want to know and I'll try and help you. And I'm 17 years old.
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
That was very well done. The only thing I didn't like is I would've personally left the crash cymbal off the final notes... I think it sounds better fading off without any drums. but that was excellent, even like it is. 9.5/10

crit mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394923
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
I thought that was quite well done, specially both solos. As far as the drums go, I'd say they need some variety and just plain life to them, the same goes for the bass - it has so much free room to add more to the song but seems to just sit there idly following that punk guitar. It has a nice feel to it though, like someone before me said, something "special". My best advice would be to hide it from yourself for a good month and then come back and hear it again, then fill in the small gaps and what-nots with a clear mind. It sure helps me when I know it's done but I know it needs some more spicing up.
Agreed with Leo. It does have an amazing feel.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

that was so good
i havent heard anything like that on here in such a long time
i praise you
=]
Quote by siddyjain
Ah-maz-ing - I could'nt find anything wrong in it! How'd you make the guitar soung like that, during the intro and outro? And please give me a lesson on how to add percussion in GP5!
edit: how old are you?

i think it's violin plucking dude
I agree somewhat with Leo_p8. I really liked the violin in there. The solo is also really nice.

Comment mine in my sig?
Oh that sounded so cool! I loved it when it picked up speed and the drums came in and the solos were great too, they worked really well and overall this has a great feel to it, I wish it was longer though!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

i liked this alot.....the intro sounded like something you cud put for a series finally but terrific and once the electric came in at 22 it was awsome...9/10
Very very good. A common chord progression but that is a great one. Nice solos. I loved it when the drums picked up and it was more up beat. 10/10
That was totally awsome! If the solo in there was on the guitar then i give praises the likes of which i would give Page . but it seemed like it ended to short . I would play the fast part twice and do that really fast solo in the seccond one and a different slower solo in the first , if you could do all that, Jesus! it would be insane!
Very nice indeed. Intense solo. Was that just written in to GP or was it something you'd written on guitar first an then transcribed into it?

Also, how do you fade stuff out on Guitar Pro?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by yogurt_overdose
Very nice indeed. Intense solo. Was that just written in to GP or was it something you'd written on guitar first an then transcribed into it?

Also, how do you fade stuff out on Guitar Pro?

First, I'll get an idea from just messing around on the guitar. Then I'll try and fit it on GP, and then just tweak it up a bit.

You use the mix table to fade in or out. Choose which measure or note you want it to start to fade out on, then hit the F10 key and the mix table will pop up. From there, check the Volume box and set the New Value to 0, or some low number, and then in Transition choose like 8 or 12 beats, really you can choose which ever one but those are the ones that I use mostly.
Quote by HxC73107
it was great except the chord progression you used was the most commonly used chord progression in rock ("poem" by taproot, "peace of mind" by Boston)
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux