Hey ive been trying to write a tapping solo for a while now but so far everything ive come up with sounds very much like an atari game (or the tapping sequence from VH's Eruption..) and i was wondering if there are any tapping shapes that produce a darker, minor sound?

Just wondering because the solo needs to fit in between two minor key metal songs..

Thanks
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Forgot to mention, i'd prefer it if it was single string taps, i can do multi string if i need to but im much faster with single string.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

out of curiousity, what's the chord progression under the solo?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Use... a... minor... scale?

I don't get the issue. Your problem is not scale choice, but note choice. Teach yourself some new patterns and shapes and licks, learn some of the more exotic scales (from melodic and harmonic minor, if you wish). You're getting the same sound because... well... you're playing the same thing. Learn a new scale, it's notes, and go with it.
Looking for my India/Django.
Tapping at the end of sweeps is dark.

I would say really dark music doesn't use a lot of tapping. You could try chromatics.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
if your trying to get atari like sounds try only tapping at half steps apart
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Just tap out the notes for a minor chord on one string. For example, if your song is in Dm, tap out the notes D, F and A, which make up the D minor chord. You can do the same with other chords in your progression.
Last edited by Bob Sacamano at Jul 14, 2006,
depends on the sound you are going for, i would recommend dissonant degrees for an evil sound ie, if there is an open E5 chug, maybe something like an F#,B,C OR a cminor shape ala C, D#,G thats just an example to start you off with, catch up on a little theory and once you get the basics down it should be a big help
Tap arpeggios...

where ever the root note is the minor 3rd will only be 3 frets away right? then find the fifth thats an octave above that, and youve got yourself a cool little tapping arpeggio, then you can tap on the 7th which will create alot of tension and slide your fretting hand up to the 3rd and 5th of the scale which will create another arpeggio.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly