alright, i finally went and bought new strings, Ernie Ball regular Slinky's, but thing is, they are 10's and my strings on the guitar now are GHS Boomer 9's, so would i have to make an adjustment in the neck to go from 9's to 10's?!?!

Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

no
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
ehh you might have to make a minor truss rod adjustment, but you man not notice the difference all that much depending on how high your fret relief is currently set, I like a pretty high relief, so i wouldnt notice such a minor change, but if you have a really low fret relief, say for shred or something then it might bug you.
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jul 14, 2006,
when i went from 9's to 10's, i only n eeded a small adjustment that the guy took care of when i had my guitar set-up.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
Not usually, but ask around at some shops just to make sure.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah well i have finally decided i should learn to re-string my guitar, and i dont live that close to the shop, and my other guitar is being orderedm, so

i dont want to go without having my guitar for a few days...so...it shouldn't need a neck adjustment?
and what happens if i dont adjust?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

by the big numbers on the packaging?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
haha yeah, should say on the packages

but back ON topic do i have to make a neck adjustment?!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ok if you dont adjust, there will in your case be a very minor increase in the curvature of your guitars neck making the action past the 7th fret or so slightly higher, but in your case sonce you arent really changing much it shouldint be signifigant enough to warrant a truss rod adjustment.
alright, i put the new strings on, ..i bought 2 packs and its a good thing i did cause i was a stupid little dumbass and put the B string on the wrong way, and i probably could have lef tit htere, but i didnt, i took it off and took the B string out of the other pack and put it on, i tuned, stretched, tuned, played, stretched, then tuned again, it seems good

is neck adjustment only for fret buzz?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

well fret buzz and adjusting the relief wich may raise the action and make your guitar harder to play, also you didnt need to use a new B string unless you broke the other one.
i know i didn't, but the other one would have been a bitch to get back in cause i had already tuned up and it was all ravelled and tangled, so i figured "what the hell ive got the spare" and the rest i will put on my other guitar when it comes in, and there doesnt seem to be very much or any unwanted buzz...so i guess ill just leave it the way it is
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by J.MitMetallica
by the big numbers on the packaging?

i lol'd
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
what type of guitar is is, and where is the buzzing?

play it a bit, break in the strings and retune them more than a few times, if its still buzzing then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011