I'm torn. I play mostly various forms of rock and want a single nice clean tone and distortion that ranges from warm and smooth to a good modern rock/hardcorish crunch. I'm looking for a head and I've always had my eye on marshall because I play a gibson sg standard but recently became aware of orange...mainly the Rocker 30 head but possibly the AD30 Twin Channel. So, between those Orange amps and a DSL50, what are some of your suggestions?
Play them both, see what you think.

They're both really nice amps, but I find the cleans on the DSL lacking a bit, but the distortion was nice and Marshally.
I've tried an AD30 too, the cleans were very nice and natural sounding, and the overdrive was really nice.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
orange is definitely better than current day marshall for sure, but it's mad expensive too, so if your on a budget, marshall is probably for you.
You rellay should try them..but the DSL50 is nice...but as I know, it costs about 800?...don't know how much it is in dollars...
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
i agree with rhcp on the ad30 bit...i personally prefer orange amps but Matamp who are another part of the orange company if they are avaliable in the U.S for small wattage amps they are phenomenally loud with a good range of more classic rock tones...can be expensive though
Man kills everything
Quote by rockxwl
I'm torn. I play mostly various forms of rock and want a single nice clean tone and distortion that ranges from warm and smooth to a good modern rock/hardcorish crunch. I'm looking for a head and I've always had my eye on marshall because I play a gibson sg standard but recently became aware of orange...mainly the Rocker 30 head but possibly the AD30 Twin Channel. So, between those Orange amps and a DSL50, what are some of your suggestions?

I used to own a Marshal DSL 50 but I traded it in the second I played a Orange Rocker 30. I love the Rocker 30 and swear by it. It has a great clear channel and a gorgeous dirty. Don't let the only one equalizer on the Rocker 30 discourage you, great amps don't need equalizers. The Orange sounds much more full and rich I found...