I was wondering...what scale is used in this song...I'm wondering b/c I plan on doing my own solo for it so..thanks in advance...
God.....Why did I add Mudvayne to my name?
Please forgive me my fellow brothers (and sisters i guess..?) in guitar.
Mostly minor pentatonic. You dont have to use the same scale.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ is mostly right,if i remember correctly from the tab book i think it switches between E minor and E blues minor (E,G,A,Bb,B,D)
Alright...I was thinking minor pentatonic since that's about all Kirk uses these days.
God.....Why did I add Mudvayne to my name?
Please forgive me my fellow brothers (and sisters i guess..?) in guitar.
Quote by Mudllica
Alright...I was thinking minor pentatonic since that's about all Kirk uses these days.

I've noticed the phygian mode used in a lot of Metallica solo's too.
The Sad but True solo, as well as the Enter Sandman intro were in Locrian, if I remember correctly.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Enter The Sandman is in Locrian, not sure about SBT.

I think in Outlaw Torn, you could try using the Pentatonic Minor which the obvious first choice.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.