I dont have any threads left in the original strap button(or holder or whatever you want to call it) hole, like the screw just pulls. My strap will still hold but if I tilt my guitar anymore than about a 45 degree angle I have to worry about the screw just pulling right out. Is there possible any fix besides making a new hole? I was thinking of filling the hole with some kind of apoxy letting it dry and putting the screw back in. Anyways any suggestions?
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Last edited by stratster23 at Jul 14, 2006,
Wood Filler should work - You can paint over it too.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
wood fillers a good idea. a hint for the screw - if you have teflon tape, wrap some over top of it. whenever im working on cars i do that, it keeps everything nice and tight. it'll just ensure a snug fit
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
glue a dowel rod into the hole, the use an electric screwdriver to screw the strap button back in. this generaly holds better and lasts longer than wood filler.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
glue a dowel rod into the hole, the use an electric screwdriver to screw the strap button back in. this generaly holds better and lasts longer than wood filler.

Clever
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

yep also just get a drill the same size as the strap hole and just push it in the once or twice to clear anything in the path. also put the glue in the hole and you can use a wood filler to cover the cracks and then sand it smooth and then screw your new strap hole
the pro way to fix a loose strap peg is to tap in the dowel like said.

most of us at home shove as many toothpicks as will fit in the hole.
clip off the ends, so its flush. add wood glue if u want.
then rescrew back in thru the toothpicks.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
the pro way to fix a loose strap peg is to tap in the dowel like said.

most of us at home shove as many toothpicks as will fit in the hole.
clip off the ends, so its flush. add wood glue if u want.
then rescrew back in thru the toothpicks.

Vai's strap locks on Evo were fixed with wood filler - they also bore the hole deeper into the body to prevent it from happening again.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Jul 17, 2006,
LAF, thats cool i guess.

they made the hole bigger to put in a different screw in sure. u want to add wood, not take it away.

putting in wood epoxy is fine, most of the time ull find its a simple wood dowel.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
LAF, thats cool i guess.

they made the hole bigger to put in a different screw in sure. u want to add wood, not take it away.

putting in wood epoxy is fine, most of the time ull find its a simple wood dowel.

According to his website, both pegs came clean out of the guitar - I want to learn the wrestling move he did to cause that to happen!
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311
According to his website, both pegs came clean out of the guitar - I want to learn the wrestling move he did to cause that to happen!

stand on your guitar then bend up should cause both strap pegs to rip free while also taking out other chunks of wood. of course im not paying you to get it repaired
couldnt you just get a longer screw? or just get a little bit fatter screw? wouldnt that be easier?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
stand on your guitar then bend up should cause both strap pegs to rip free while also taking out other chunks of wood. of course im not paying you to get it repaired

Which chord requires me to do that again?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by insanity_101
couldnt you just get a longer screw? or just get a little bit fatter screw? wouldnt that be easier?

it will work for a while, but if that screw starts to get loose, ur now stuck with an even larger hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Bazilisck311
Which chord requires me to do that again?

i do believe you gotta tap with 8 fingers and form the "huge ass mega ****ing" chord. pretty hard dont believe anyone has hit it yet
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i do believe you gotta tap with 8 fingers and form the "huge ass mega ****ing" chord. pretty hard dont believe anyone has hit it yet

Steve Vai must have... Poor Evo
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
You can buy threaded inserts that are made of metal and install it where the button is located. You would need to replace the wood screw with a machine screw. If you yank that insert out of your rig, it's time to lay off the steriods.
stick a bunch of toothpicks in the hole all the way, then break them off. Put the screw back in.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...