I'm gonna' say the Traynor YCV50, very nice versitile, apparently Marshallish distortion and Fender-ish cleans.

And with a good overdrive it'd do metal.

Try them out, see what you think.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Would you say it's worth buying the Traynor 1x12 when the Fender 2x12 is only $5 more? Yeah, I should probably find a Traynor dealer in my local area...

Peavey anyone?
2x12 and 1x12 doesnt matter. Its the tone that matters. Would you buy an amp because it has 10 speakers over the best amp in the world that was a 1x12 amp?
^The Peavey doesn't compare.

The Fender is nice, but the overdrive channels are really lacking, you'd probably be best off with the Traynor.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^The Peavey doesn't compare.

Interesting... how?

Quote by R_H_C_P
The Fender is nice, but the overdrive channels are really lacking

Nothing a stompbox can't fix...

you'd probably be best off with the Traynor.

50 or 80?
Fender.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I'll +1 the Traynor 50. The 80 is too loud and has inferior speakers, the fender is nice but the OD sucks, and the peavey sounds ok but has poor quality and is a step down from the others you listed.
Definitley the Traynor... it's much better to have the tone you want right out of the box so to speak.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Tranyor + OD Pedal
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Which amp has more kickass reverb and or presence between the Fender and Traynor.

Thanks for all the help. You're making UG a better place.

Your Pal: mikeman
Last edited by mikeman at Jul 15, 2006,
The traynor 50 and 80 don't have to inputs. That's pissing me off. The fender also has cooler on/off and standby switches. Traynor doesn't have a presence control. I have no idea what this is but fender's have em. The traynor 80 has boost, scoop, expander, AND brightness switches. The 50 only has boost and brightness, and the fender has brightness and "more drive" switches. Just thought I'd drop some info to help the comparison.
Traynor 50 has the best speakers, cleans sound Fender-y and OD sound Marshall-y, and takes less time to breakup, unlike the 80
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well, the Valveking in general is a low budget amp, and the Traynors and Fenders are mid budget, and are of better quality.

Go fot the Traynor YCV 50 Blue. And you shouldn't depend upon buying an amp because of tiny features, chances are you won't really use them that much anyway.
Don't be afraid to care"

why do you want two inputs?

who cares what the on/off switches look like?

prescence controlls the high frequencies beyond our hearing, and in that sence makes the already present treble and high mids stand out more. something to that affect it think? if thats totally wrong then it ands treble and hi mids.

boost is an overdrive buttion. just adds a little gain.

scoop scoops the mids, which, imo sounds like ass.

not sure about expander.

brightness will be what a prescence controll does.

more drive is a fancy/stupid name for a boost.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by aznrockerdude
Traynor 50 has the best speakers

The traynors both have celestions...

Quote by gpderek09
scoop scoops the mids, which, imo sounds like ass.

...says member #4 of the I <3 mids club...

so I'm pretty much convinced on a traynor, maybe I'll go with the 80 for the xlr recording and headphone output, + 2 speakers = 40 watts per speaker = longer tube life... They're both pretty similar...

How do you use an effects loop? The only effect I use is a dunlop original wah...
^I've heard they're quite different in sound (anyone wanna' back this up?)

And 50watts is definately enough, 80 is a bit overkill, unless you want the cleans to stay clean.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by mikeman

...says member #4 of the I <3 mids club...

if you think the features are worth the extra weight and hearing loss go ahead.

look at it like this, the traynor isn't going to have that much pre-amp gain. its one of those amps, like marshall, mesa, and fender, that put more weight in the power amp. SO in order for them to sound like they should, or sound their best, you need to get the power section going. which usually requires volume at about 4.

but then again its only something like a 2db increase in how loud. so i'd probably suggest trying them head to head if can. if you cant, you're going to be getting a quality amp either way. but i'm pretty sure the 50 is more versitle? correct me if wrong. but not saying the 80 wont be able to get those tones with a good tweaking either.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09
but then again its only something like a 2db increase in how loud.

2db is ****ing huge. The db scale is logarithmic, a difference of 3db is a doubling of volume.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
i thought it was symmetric or something?
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

personally..i didnt like my traynor ycv50....the cleans broke up right away( i like my cleans not to break up)....the overdrive was very nice tho. its like..you either love the amp..or u hate it...

fender amps..very nice..wen the cleans break up it sounds nice and warm...my brother owns a hot rod deluxe and its so nice(as a matter of fact ima go out and get one next week). the overdrive isnt metalish..more classic rock...but an overdrive pedal takes care of that.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
I vote Carvin Mts with second choice being The 50blue
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
50 Blue it is!

I tested out the HR deville with an american standard strat today. Busting out little wing in the neck pickup was amazingly sparkly clean. Never heard anything like it. Too bad the lack of independent EQ, not so great overdrive (played with it quite a bit), means this isn't the amp for me. Traynor better be able to match the clean awesomeness of fender...
^Isn't the reverb on the HR orgasmic? I played one in the shop a while ago and it might be the best reverb I've ever heard. Maybe. Well, probably not. But for the price, it's got an amazing clean and verb. Too bad the OD blows chunks.