http://sanders4617.dmusic.com

If you guys would.. listen and give me some constructive critisism on my playing; it would be greatly appreciated. I will do the same for you guys. I have been playing for a little over a year I guess.. so if I have bad habits, etc.. just let me know so I can try to fix em before they get out of hand.

Thanks!
I only have one suggestion. I liked the way you played it and everything, but I think you should mess with the settings on the FX pedal you're using in that. The sound kinda sounds all over the place. I guess try and "tighten" it up.

EDIT" Also in your improv, try and keep things flowing, there was a lot of stoping and starting again, I would say work on trying to bridge together all of it instead of stoping and starting up again.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Thanks. I had a problem with recording.. and the volume was going low/high.. and hell, it even added a wahwah effect during some parts of the song. lol. Yeah when I listen to it over, I keep noticing the stop and starting.
Yeah, I think you should go record it, but play all of it in succession.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Well.. I have my recording problem fixed.. and will be doing another version soon.

I added a Fade to Black Improvisation thing.. I was comparing how I played the intro from about 4 or 5 months ago (man was it bad back then lol).. I was sloppy in places.. but I thought it sounded alright. I didn't tune the guitar exactly with the BT (I think its like 5 cents higher than standard), so it sort of sounds a little flat in places. I also keep pulling the high E string I think.. you can hear it very often.. annoying.

http://sanders4617.dmusis.com Again.. some constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated. Personally.. I feel like I repeat a lot of licks over and over.. but that may just be me. Either way.. I am trying to learn new licks as much as possible. I need to learn some more scales as well.. What are some good scales? I love the kind of solos that Steve Vai does.. does he use any certain scales?

Thanks!